Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator' Empty
PostSubject: Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator'   Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator' EmptyThu 10 Nov 2011, 12:54 am

WWE Hall of Fame announcer Jerry Lawler was interviewed by Scott Yager of thecampussocialite.com. When he was asked about his plans to retire, he said he'll retire "when they stop paying me." He added, "I still enjoy performing in the ring as much as I ever did. I didn't get into this business to be a commentator; I don't even really enjoy being a commentator. I just happen to be able to do it where people can stand to listen to me. But, as far as the in-ring performing, I still enjoy doing it."

When he was asked about whether or not he follows MMA, he said that he was not invested in UFC because they don't do enough to develop the personalities of the fighters. Because of that he said he can't "invest in caring who wins the matches."
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator'   Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator' EmptyThu 10 Nov 2011, 1:20 am

I can't stand him anymore so I would much rather have Striker be a main commentator or hell Regal..

If he isn't happy with it wwe should just have him do something else [please no wrestling he should not be taking up time for current people]...
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator'   Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator' EmptyThu 10 Nov 2011, 1:56 am

Angelus wrote:
When he was asked about whether or not he follows MMA, he said that he was not invested in UFC because they don't do enough to develop the personalities of the fighters. Because of that he said he can't "invest in caring who wins the matches."

hilarious REALLY? If you want personalities watch more pro wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator'   Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator' EmptyThu 10 Nov 2011, 2:23 am

He is right about personalities if you look at sports personalities sell the product more then the fight.
Boxxing
Ali
Tyson
Mayweather
Pacman
Football
Suggs
Lewis
Brees
Manning
Ochocinco
TO
Freddie Mitchell- he wasn't that great but I remember him for his comments about the Patroits secondary during the superbowl
Basketball
Charles Barkley
Shaq
Kobe
LeBron
Garnett
Carmelo

In the end personalities sell and make it more intresting and I mean Lesnar sort of gets that you need a personality because in the end people care what you got to say and don't want to care about a silent star. Tim Duncan isn't popular in the NBA and yet he was the best player on the best team for some time and people don't buy his jersey cause he didn't have a personality.
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator'   Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator' EmptyThu 10 Nov 2011, 10:54 pm

So he never enjoyed commentary? In the late 90s when he was the color heel to J.R.'s play-by-play babyface, King was comedy gold.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator'   Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator' EmptyFri 11 Nov 2011, 12:47 am

Angelus wrote:
He is right about personalities if you look at sports personalities sell the product more then the fight.
Boxxing
Ali
Tyson
Mayweather
Pacman
Football
Suggs
Lewis
Brees
Manning
Ochocinco
TO
Freddie Mitchell- he wasn't that great but I remember him for his comments about the Patroits secondary during the superbowl
Basketball
Charles Barkley
Shaq
Kobe
LeBron
Garnett
Carmelo

In the end personalities sell and make it more intresting and I mean Lesnar sort of gets that you need a personality because in the end people care what you got to say and don't want to care about a silent star. Tim Duncan isn't popular in the NBA and yet he was the best player on the best team for some time and people don't buy his jersey cause he didn't have a personality.

The thing is with UFC or boxing is you basically sell your own brand. not the promoters. Take Floyd Mayweather for example. He's as big a name as he his because he promotes himself and wins fights. I mean , there's a reason why Shaq is a huge star and Tim Duncan isn't. Shaq has a larger than life personality and dominated on the court. Duncan has dominated, but his personality is more stale than an old ass box of cookies.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator'   Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator' EmptyFri 11 Nov 2011, 1:52 am

that's the problem

I mean most people who ain't watch ufc regular can't name the champion

some will say Lesnar

Anderson Silva I know

and Cain are the only three I know from ufc who fight anymore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator'   Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator' Empty

Back to top Go down

Jerry Lawler: 'I Don't Enjoy Being A Commentator'
Page 1 of 1