Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage

Go down 
+2
Mia
King Silva
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage Empty
PostSubject: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 12:31 am

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_65051.shtml

Just to add to the Jerry Lawler situation for those who didn't catch it during Raw...

-During the tag match in the ring, Lawler was doing commentary as normal. No sign of any issues with his commentary with about two minutes left in the second hour of Raw. Then his commentary stopped.

-The camera angle showed Lawler bent over in his chair as someone at ringside was tending to him. He seemed to perhaps be heaving or struggling but was moving and conscious, it seemed.

-The crowd began to notice and stand up with a look of concern. Someone at ringside ran to the back. Charles Robinson, the ref, noticed and looked distressed. Titus O'Neil motioned with his hand for help to come quickly.

-The next camera angle two minutes later that showed a glimpse of ringside showed the tech's head behind the desk, but Lawler apparently on the ground behind the desk. The crowd slowly became more aware of the issue with Lawler's health. Cole continued to do commentary, but seemed concerned.

-The tag match continued to its conclusion five minutes after Lawler went silent. They cut to a long commercial break.

-Then at 10:17 p.m. they went to Cole at ringside who looked very shaken up. He could barely speak as he said it was "not part of tonight's entertainment." He said they are performing CPR backstage. His demeanor suggested this is a very, very serious situation.

Last edited by King Silva on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 12:49 am

hopefully he gets better.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 12:52 am

feel bad for the guy wonder what happened to cause this

hope he gets better
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 12:54 am

The latest update that Cole said was that he was doing pretty well I thought.

He has to take some more tests soon I think but atm I am not worried [I was earlier though].
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 2:31 am

Jerry Lawler's girlfriend has posted the following on Facebook:

"Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been confirmed that Jerry did have a heart attack…he is in stable condition and breathing on his own & heart is stable. I’m getting on the first flight out of here to be with him & will keep everyone posted. He is a strong man and we will get him back at his best as soon as I can get him home! I love you so so much baby!!"
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 2:47 am

I read that on my other forum after I posted this and logged off.

I didn't know it was so bad.

I heard he was dead for 20 minutes although I think that is an exaggeration and it was probably like 5 or so minutes.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 3:35 am

Not worried at all, just collapsed at ringside and couldn't breave...Usual stuff.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

- Former WWE Superstar Chris Jericho commented on Lawler via Twitter:

"Best wishes and prayers to @JerryLawler one of my favorite people in the WWE. King has been a champion for 40 yrs and he'll beat this too!"

- Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com are reporting the following details on Lawler early Tuesday morning:

* Lawler wrestled both Friday and Saturday nights in Aruba before heading back to the States and flying to Montreal for RAW yesterday. People with Lawler over the weekend said he had no signs of health problems

* Lawler, still listed in stable condition, had either some kind of heart surgery or a Cardiac catheterization, reports are conflicting. Cardiac catheterization is where a catheter is inserted into a chamber in the heart for investigational and interventional purposes

* There was some concern about blood being cut off to Lawler's brain and potential damage from that

* While Lawler's condition is stable, it's described as still a very serious situation

- The following link has a fan video of paramedics tending to Jerry Lawler at RAW last night. The video was shot from high up but press play at your own discretion [it isn't graphic or anything so Idk why the site made it seem that way..]:

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0911/556152/jerry-lawler/#ixzz26DHIo0MS

-----------------

Jerry Lawler's ex-wife Stacy Carter, who wrestled in WWE as Miss Kitty, wrote the following on her Twitter this morning about Lawler undergoing an angioplasty:

Just got a @JerryLawler update. He had a stint & a balloon put in. Right now he is still heavily sedated. Will update when I know more

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0911/556154/jerry-lawler/#ixzz26DHkqxus

--------------

WREG TV in Memphis, Tennessee reports that Jerry Lawler is currently sedated and on a respirator following surgery to place stents into his heart.

They are planning to take Lawler off the ventilator as soon as possible. The ventilator is to provide breathing support to assist his body following the surgery.

Lawler's girlfriend and his son, former WWE star Brian Lawler, have arrived in Montreal and are with him.

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0911/556166/jerry-lawler/#ixzz26DIC6Yyh

----------------------

- F4WOnline.com published a report clarifying rumors of WWE's handling of Monday's Raw show after broadcaster and wrestler Jerry Lawler suffered a heart attack while commentating.

According to a WWE employee backstage at the event, it was a very chaotic scene but he did not see any prayer groups. Contrary to speculation, there was never any talk of halting the show.

WWE chief Vince McMahon was not at Lawler's side during the entire ordeal, as reported. He briefly checked on the backstage commotion during a commercial break before resuming his producing duties at Gorilla Position. Rather, Paul "Triple H" Levesque directed orders backstage.

------------------------

Stacey "The Kat" Carter provided the following update on the condition of Jerry "The King" Lawler on her Facebook page:

I have an update on Jerry. The docs are removing his ventilation & taking him out of sedation. He is responsive, which is great!!! It took a while to revive him last night so there's the concern of brain damage. He had some tests done which will show how much if any damage there is due to the lack of oxygen to his brain. Unfortunately, the results won't be in until in the morning. I appreciate all the calls, texts, tweets, & Facebook messages of support & I know Jerry will too. Thanks everybody!!

Jim Ross noted on his Twitter that Lawler was "stable/battling," writing, "I've had endless thoughts of great memories w/ @JerryLawler & have decided we'll have many more. He's stable/battling. I know he'll be o.k."

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0911/556170/jerry-lawler-condition/#ixzz26DItck6a
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 10:23 pm

Good to hear they're taking him off the ventilator and sedatives.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 10:26 pm

Yeah it is a great update.

I was a little worried I'd come back home and he'd be in worse shape but so far he is a fighter.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 1:04 pm

WMC TV in Memphis is reporting Jerry "The King" Lawler did not suffer any brain damage as a result of his heart attack Monday during Raw.

There was a concern regarding the lack of oxygen being supplied to his brain as he was being urgently attended to by EMT's and rushed to a nearby hospital.

Lawler still remains hospitalized in Montreal.

His ex-wife and former WWE Diva, Stacy "The Cat" Carter posted the following on Twitter:

The rumors are true. I just got confirmation that @jerrylawler test results are in & he has NO brain damage. This is wonderful news!!!!!
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 6:30 pm

This is amazing news. smile

Additional info:

Lawler's son, Kevin, told TMZ that his father was now awake and responsive.

"[Jerry] is hooked up to tubes and is still not able to speak … but he's writing stuff on a notepad to talk to people," Kevin told TMZ. "Not just brief notes, but detailed stories which show he knows where he is and what is going on."

WREG-TV reports that no further surgery will likely be needed for Lawler, and he will be sent home soon.

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0912/556194/jerry-lawler/#ixzz26IFieITb
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 11:06 pm

From my understanding, he has started talking and will be released soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage   Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage Empty

Back to top Go down

Jerry Lawler Health Concern Update - Lawler Responsive, Tests Being Done To Detect Brain Damage
Page 1 of 1