Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues  Empty
PostSubject: World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues    World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues  EmptyFri 01 Jun 2012, 8:15 pm

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_62010.shtml

TNA World Hvt. champion Bobby Roode was interviewed at-length by Rob Leigh of The Mirror in the U.K. during his recent overseas media tour. The following are highlights of the interview. (App/Mobile users - http://bit.ly/Lfh6kz )

-- Roode stressed his belief that TNA needs to move TV tapings out of Orlando, which he's expressed in interviews with the Torch dating back to 2006. Roode was asked whether it would "legitimize" the company.

"For us to be - I'm not going to say 'legit,' because I believe that we're a legit company, but it's just - for that more professional look and a different look, it'll make our company that bit better," Roode said. "Obviously, I'm not the man who pays the bills; I'm not the wallet, so to speak, but, in order for us to take that one step further I think it's a necessity for us to step away from Orlando and do our television tapings elsewhere in the country."

-- Roode said he decided to cut his hair to modernize his look and better match his suit-wearing heel persona to be viewed as a top player. "For eight years, people have had to witness how dry and curly it gets towards the end of a 30-minute match. And, it was giving me a headache. It was certainly time for a change, to look a bit more modern. And it is in keeping with all the suits I wear. I look more hip."

-- Roode avoided controversy addressing Scott Steiner's recent Twitter rants aimed at TNA management, specifically Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, and Ric Flair caught in a legal dispute between TNA and WWE.

On Steiner, Roode said, "Scott's Scott. He's a good friend of mine so I can't speak bad of Scott. He's a character. Obviously, he has some ill-feelings to certain people but those are his own personal issues and don't involve me. I don't believe I have any enemies in the business and I want to keep it that way."

Asked if TNA will miss Flair, Roode said, "I believe so. I think just the name, having that legendary name around was beneficial. But, I don't think it is going to hurt us, we have a lot of talent. I think Impact Wrestling can stand on its own without Ric Flair but its always nice to have a guy like that around."
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues    World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues  EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 1:19 am

good interview, i kinda miss his long hair.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Bobby Roode Speaks on TNA's Legitimacy, Does it Need Flair?   World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues  EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 11:26 am

During a recent interview conducted for The UK Mirror, TNA Champion Bobby Roode spoke on a wide range of topics, including whether or not he feels the company is "legit," and whether or not the company needs Ric Flair, who is rumored to be departing. The following are excerpts:

"For us to be... I'm not going to say 'legit', because I believe that we're a legit company but it's just... for that more professional look and a different look it'll make our company that bit better."

That word: legit. Does Bobby feel that wrestling fans don't feel the TNA product is legit? And is he stung by such criticism, if he perceives it to exist?

"No," he insists. "It's just one of these things where people didn't see us making it this far.

"I was here back in the days of the weekly PPVs where people didn't give us a chance. It used to be that the morning after the weekly tapings there was always speculation about whether we'd be back next week. We were all living cheque to cheque, show to show, until we got our TV deal - and then there were three months when we had no TV and everything was aired on the internet. That was a very scary time. But thankfully Spike came in and now we're on in a primetime slot I think it has really elevated our company.

"With the Hogans, the Angles, the Stings and the Hardys - and being able to produce stars like James and AJ and Joe - I think our company is growing month by month, week by week."

During the course of Roode's media tour, reports that TNA was in the process of suing WWE over accusations of obtaining secret contract information in an attempt to poach Impact Wrestling's performers made the international news wires. Further reports suggested that Ric Flair's tenure with TNA may have come to an end due to such legal action.

It wouldn't be fair to quiz Bobby too strenuously over the matter - but if Flair is done, will TNA miss him?

"I believe so. I think just the name, having that legendary name around was beneficial," he says.

"But I don't think it is going to hurt us, we have a lot of talent.

"I think Impact Wrestling can stand on its own without Ric Flair but its always nice to have a guy like that around.

"He has always been a pro. He's a fun guy to be around."

Reflecting on the times he and Flair have worked together, Bobby picks out a moment off camera that he'll always remember.

"During the best of five series we had with the Motor City Machine Guns, we came into the back and the first person to shake our hands as we came through the curtain was Ric Flair.

"He'll always be the Nature Boy. He has been one of my main inspirations. I really don't know [about the legal situation] and I really don't care to know."
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues    World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues  EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues    World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues  Empty

Back to top Go down

World champ Roode interview - TNA TV needs to be the road, would it legitimize TNA?, why did he cut his hair?, talks Steiner & Flair issues
Page 1 of 1