Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012, 10:19 am

Dangrayne

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Carter

*Week 7 Co Individual Immunity winner [for men].
*Week 10 Individual Immunity winner.

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Denise

*Week 7 Co Individual Immunity winner [for women].

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Lisa

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Abi

*Week 11 Individual Immunity winner *had advantage after Survivor Auction*

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Michael

*Week 9 Individual Immunity winner.

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Malcolm

----------------------------------

People voted out so far:

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Jonathan
Penner was voted out Week 11 [4-3] from Dangrayne.
*Week 8 Individual Immunity winner.

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Pete

Pete was voted out Week 10 [3-2-3] from Dangrayne.
*3 votes for Abi did not count since Abi played her hidden immunity idol.*

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Artis

Artis was voted out Week 9 [5-4] from Dangrayne.

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Jeff

Jeff was voted out Week 8 [5-4-1] from Dangrayne.

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Rc

RC was voted out Week 7 [4-2-5] from the newly merged Dangrayne Tribe.
*5 votes for Jonathan didn't count due to his hidden immunity idol.*

***Kalabaw and Tandang merged at the beginning of Week 7. Their new name is Dangrayne.***

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Katie

Katie was voted out Week 6 [4-1] from Kalabaw.

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Dawson

Dawson was voted out Week 5 [5-1] from Kalabaw.

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Dana

Dana decided to remove herself from the game due to health reasons Week 5. She was on the Kalabaw Tribe.

*****Matsing as a tribe was decimated and retired in the 5th episode.
Malcolm and Denise went to separate tribes. Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? 478927

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Russell
Russel was voted out Week 4 [2-1] from Matsing.

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Angie

Angie was voted out Week 3 [3-1] from Matsing.

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Roxy

Roxy was voted out Week 2 [4-1] from Matsing.

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Zane

Zane was voted out Week 1 [5-1] from Matsing...

-------------------------

So what do you think of the cast?

Who are your early favorites?

BTW this link has EW's short video interviews with the people: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20354695_20622229_21203192,00.html

Last edited by King Silva on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 5:51 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
pokemon fan
World Champion
World Champion
pokemon fan

Male
Number of posts : 1034
Job/hobbies : Watching Wrestling
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Christian
John Cena
Thriple h
Mark Henery

Favorite WWE Diva : Trish Stratus
Lita
Candice
Melina
Beth Pheonix
Jazz
Sable
Molly Holly
Ivory
eve
alicia fox
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels
Amazing Red
Kurt Angle
AJ Styles
Hernedez
wolf
Favorite TNA Knockout : Tara
Serita
daffney
angelina love
velvet
madison
mickie
winter

Registration date : 2009-12-21

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012, 11:14 am

that dana chick looks like Christina's (from bad girls club season 5) girlfriend
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012, 11:27 am

My favorites so are after I read the bios and saw the EW videos are:

Malcolm Freberg
Sarah Dawson
Carter Williams
Angie Layton
Peter Yurkowski

And for a returning person I really don't care much for these three but the best of the three is Jonathan Penner.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Main Eventer
Vince

Male
Number of posts : 503
Job/hobbies : Acting
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Justin Gabriel
Heath Slater
Tyler Reks
Ryback
Kane
Zack Ryder
Xavier Woods
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Natalya
Layla
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Zema Ion
Samoa Joe
Douglas Williams
Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012, 4:23 pm

Malcolm, Pete, Artis, and Russell right now. Probably when change when the show starts.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012, 10:49 pm

Yeah mine might change as well.

I just hope if I do end up liking all of my favs atm that they can get to the merge at least.

BTW I'm going to organize them into their tribes.

I didn't catch that they revealed their THREE tribes [which is rare] until last night.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptySat 25 Aug 2012, 12:30 am

my fav so far is Jeff, i'll check out some of the videos.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptySat 25 Aug 2012, 12:51 am

Hmm I would not have guessed that Mia!
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyFri 21 Sep 2012, 9:29 pm

So how did people like the first episode?

Stupid Zane I was really hoping he would have stayed over Russel..

So far though I am happy how the alliances are seeming to go.

Most of my favorites should be in good spots for a while.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyFri 21 Sep 2012, 10:02 pm

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Jeff-probst-host-survivor-25-2_320x2404

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/20/jeff-probst-survivor-philippines-premiere/

Each week, host Jeff Probst will answer a few questions about the most recent episode of Survivor: Philippines.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I’m sorry, but I’m a little confused and think I need you to break this down for me, Jeff. Zane tells his tribe to vote him out since he performed so horribly in the challenge, but then tells us it is all a ruse to see if he is running the tribe. Is that the worst ruse of all time?
JEFF PROBST: Only Zane knows his true motive for this surprising move. If I were betting, I’d say he wanted out of the game and in a moment of weakness just told the tribe to vote him out. Then upon reflection, realized he’d look like a quitter, so he tried to change the story mid-way. I don’t think he wanted to stay in the game and once he told them to vote him out I don’t think he had a chance anyway.

We see Penner and Russell both on the outs on their tribes. Who’s in more danger at this point? I would guess Penner since Matsing still needs Russell’s strength.
Both have major targets but for different reasons. Nobody trusts Penner and that goes back to his first season when he stepped off his tribe mat to join the other tribe. It’s a perception that has haunted him and there’s definitely a lesson — perception is reality. Russell has the strength that may help him for a bit, but his bossiness is the most likely reason people would vote him off. When there are only six people on each tribe, you can’t be too much of a pain in the ass. Russell is right on the edge.

The move to three tribes was made so that no five person alliances could run through a season from start to end, yet we of course still saw lots of deal making on day one. The RC and Abi-Maria alliance is particularly intriguing to me, because when you have two people that excited that soon to be working together, it can’t help but go bad. What alliances — or people being on the outs — this early surprised you?
Nothing surprises me anymore, you know that. You’ve asked me before! Yes, we did three tribes to complicate the numbers but there is no denying the power of a two or three person alliance if you can last long enough in the game. Survivor strategy has gotten tricky in the past few years because if you panic and make the wrong alliance it can end your game, but if you don’t make an alliance quickly you soon find yourself on the outside and it’s very tough to get back in.

Bonus question! I couldn’t help but notice that Survivor challenge producer extraordinaire John Kirhoffer is a guest on The Jeff Probst Show today. How did you get him to “say yes” to appearing, and is he better or worse than Friday’s guest, former EW writer A.J. Jacobs?

Yes, we did a show on Odd Jobs with Mike Rowe from Dirtiest Jobs (who was a great guest) and John Kirhoffer has one of the greatest “odd” jobs in television. The “say yes” moment was pretty easy — I called him. Was he better than AJ? I’d call that one a draw!

Okay, Jeffrey, tease us up for next week’s episode. Whatcha got?

Malcolm and Angie are on the hot seat as they canoodle in front of everyone, and Lisa Whelchel is already feeling the truth — Survivor is an equal opportunity ass kicker.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyThu 27 Sep 2012, 12:06 am

Survivor Season 25 Episode 2 just ended for me.

Glad Roxy was voted out. I mean I didn't hate her or anything I just didn't want her or Russell to go very far since it would mean one of my picks Malcolm would not be going as far as I want him to..

Poor Malcolm...his tribe Matsing is taking a beating already down 2 people! Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? 800442

I also like Denise so I am so happy she stuck with Malcolm and got out Roxy.

Russel's ass is next [or at least after Angie]..
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyFri 28 Sep 2012, 4:31 pm

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Jeff-probst-host-survivor-25-2_320x2405

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/27/jeff-probst-episode-2-survivor-philippines/

Each week, host Jeff Probst answers a few questions about the most recent episode of Survivor: Philippines.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I’m sorry, but you know what would make these weekly Q&A’s even better? COOKIES! You told me before the game you were worried that Angie didn’t have enough life experience for this game. I think that was pretty much summed up in her response to your question about what she would most like to change about her tribe. While the Tribal Council master of ceremonies in you clearly wanted to shake some sense in to her, was the producer in you wanting to run up and kiss her for giving you such priceless material? What was the Jeff Probst frustration to jubilation ratio at that point?

JEFF PROBST: I was torn because Angie is a good person, she’s just young. So while I was astonished at her answer, truly astonished, I realized that her answer actually made a lot of sense to her — the thing that would make her life better at that moment was some fresh baked cookies! Here’s the truth: I don’t think Angie is playing at the same level as some of the other players who have more life and/or Survivor experience, but as we’ve seen in the past, it doesn’t mean she can’t get to the end.

Nobody that watches Survivor on TV can fully understand and appreciate just how miserable it can be for contestants exposed to the elements 24-7, especially when you are in near-constant rain for six days like these guys have been. That said, some locations and accompanying weather can be harder than others, and the past contestants love to argue about who had it worse. Let’s settle this for once and for all: Which Survivor location has been the toughest for contestants, and which has been the easiest? (Easiest being a relative term, of course.)
Well, Survivor: Africa was certainly a tough one because of the lack of available water and many of the contestants got very sick as a result. Survivor: Samoa had a lot of rain which made it very tough and this season, Survivor: Philippines also subjects the contestants to a lot of rain. It really is tough to compare because even the seasons where there was plenty of food and water is still a total ass kicker. As you say, it’s the hardest thing to convey to someone who hasn’t at least seen the toll it takes in person. I usually say to people try going 24 hours without any food, then call me.

I assume we have not had reward challenges yet due to there being three tribes as opposed to two and there not being enough time to cram that all in. How do you think only having one challenge per episode to break up stuff at the camps alters the dynamic of the show? And can we expect reward challenges to return if/when we go down to two tribes?
You are correct! It’s all about real estate in the show. You only have so many act breaks and so many minutes. With each new twist you usually give up something. Structurally, we all miss having two challenges but we felt it was worth the trade off of having three tribes. I would expect that there will soon be a return to two challenges and we almost always have two challenges once we get to the individual portion of the game.

Finally, tease us up something fierce for next week, Jeff!

The pressure is on Matsing (Russell’s tribe.) There is so little wiggle room that if they lose another immunity challenge the entire tribe is danger of being decimated. Imagine being on this tribe and seeing your entire shot at winning going down in flames only two episodes in…that’s what is at stake.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyThu 04 Oct 2012, 1:11 am

I'm not liking how Matsing keeps losing!

Poor Malcolm and Denise! sad sad
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptySat 20 Oct 2012, 3:19 am

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Jeff-probst-host-survivor-25_320x240

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/18/jeff-probst-dawson-kiss-survivor-philippines/

Each week, host Jeff Probst answers a few questions about the most recent episode of Survivor: Philippines.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You know we’re about to talk all about that big smooch from Dawson, right? What were you thinking as she leaned in for the kiss, and what was your reaction after? Is your wife Lisa on your case about it?
JEFF PROBST: Honestly, it did take me by surprise. Nothing like that has ever happened. As I snuffed her torch I felt her really staring and connecting with me. It was as if she had already accepted her fate and was now looking for her goodbye from me. As she leaned in toward me I thought she was going to kiss me right on the lips. It was one of those moments that slowed way down as it was happening. Dawson is an “in the moment” girl and though I have no idea what she was thinking in that moment, I thought it was both fun and funny. Fortunately, my wife Lisa is not a terribly jealous person! (UPDATE: Hear Dawson’s take on the kiss here!)

EW: Look at you giving up your rain jacket to Dana after she bowed out! And to think they say chivalry is dead. You’ve made the distinction in the past between contestants that needed to be removed the game and some that maybe used illness as an excuse to bail early. What’s your take here with Dana?

PROBST: Dana was truly sick. Very sick. I felt awful for her because she was such a vibrant woman and was giving so much to the game and then she got walloped. It was just too much for her body. The distinction is that if medical says “you cannot go on any further” then they are pulled from the game. It never has to do with pain — it has to do with the condition being life threatening. So in Dana’s case the medical decision was “you can go further… if you can stand it.” She couldn’t. So technically she did quit, but I have to say that from what I saw, I would have done the same thing. She was in real pain.

EW: You made a few comments about Abi sitting out so many challenges. Is it time to revisit the rule that players are allowed to sit out consecutive challenges when they do not appear in the same episode cycle, and make participation in every other challenge mandatory?
PROBST: Perhaps, but I don’t know that it would change the game in any demonstrative way. The players adapt to the rules, whatever they are, and alliances tend to dictate strategy — but with the number of “one challenge episodes” growing, it is worth consideration. Thanks for the idea!

EW: This episode was double trouble for Kalabaw as they lost two members. What can you tell us about next week?
PROBST: Next week, another Survivor first! It happens at one of the following three points in the show: A.) Challenge B.) Tribe camp. C.) Tribal Council.

-----------------------------------

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/18/insidetv-podcast-dawson-jeff-probst-revolution-walking-dead/

She came. She saw. She smooched Jeff Probst. If we didn’t know better, we would say that was the main reason Sarah Dawson went on Survivor: Philippines — to plant a big fat wet one on the host. It was certainly a Survivor first and Probst looked both taken aback and amused by the aggressive move. We already got Jeff’s take on the situation, so now it is time to check in the with the kisser as opposed to the kissee. Dawson joined us on this week’s edition of the InsideTV Podcast to discuss what we didn’t see during the big smooch, as well as why she pulled Abi-Maria’s hair and did not out Jeff Kent as a baseball player. She also tells us who is NEXT on her kiss list! However, Dawson’s not alone. She is joined by Dana Lambert, whose body broke down on her and forced her to quit the game. Dana tells us exactly how bad she was, as well as what was wrong with her and how long she had to stay in a hospital after. She also says Dawson and Katie driver her bonkers on the island. (Shocker!)
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyFri 26 Oct 2012, 3:38 am

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Survivor-jeff-probst

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/25/survivor-philippines-jeff-probst-episode-6-food-trade/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: All the questions this week are going to be about the reward challenge. Because there are a lot of questions to ask! First off, you told Tandang they had to sit out one man and one woman in both of the challenges. Why did you make them specially sit out a man in each, when a tribe can usually sit out whomever they want (as long as those people did not sit out another challenge in the same episode cycle)? Is that because they already had an extra man when Malcolm was put on that tribe?
JEFF PROBST: Occasionally there are challenges that require even numbers of men and women for them to be matched up and in those cases we force them to even up the tribes by who they sit out. It’s a decision that is made ahead of time when the challenge is first designed — long before we have any idea who will be left on which tribe when it comes time to run the challenge. In this case we knew we were going to do match ups and knew it would not be fair if one tribe had all men going up against all women so that’s the story on that!

EW: This was one of those very physical ordeals where the contestants can wrestle, body slam, and — as we learned in the case of Penner and Skupin — even graze one’s genitals. What specifically is NOT allowed physically in a challenge like this? What do you tell them they can and can’t get away with?
PROBST: Ah, Dalton, you’ve been out there when we explain the rules of these kinds of challenges. In fact, I’m pretty sure you’ve taken part in rehearsing physical challenges so I know you know this answer, but I love how you play the humble part of reporter and not the “know it all” experienced Survivor dream teamer. When it comes to a physical challenge, I always give the same basic speech: “Physical contact is allowed, but there is no punching or choking. No forearms to the face or head. No cheap shots. If the challenge takes place in the water there is no holding someone’s head underwater.” I also remind them that in order to win the game you need votes. People have to vote for you to win. So if you’re a poor sport or decide to take a cheap shot, your chances of winning the game decrease. Always. This is a social game. After that speech, it’s up to them. The decision of whether someone would be disqualified for inappropriate physical contact is ultimately a subjective call that I would make. I never want to pull someone out of a challenge. I don’t want to have any impact at all.

EW: So, a very unique situation as Skupin offered to lose the challenge (and the food that went with it) in exchange for Penner’s rice. Kalabaw accepted and you officially gave your blessing to the deal. Two part question: What goes into your decision-making process in terms of whether to allow a deal like that or not? And which tribe do you think got the better end of the food swap?

PROBST: I LOVE deal making. Once I hear a deal being made I stop talking and get out of the way. Then I usually recap the proposed deal for the audience and ask those involved if they’re going to move forward with it or not. Even if the deal gets nixed, the fact that somebody suggested it almost always results in conflict back at camp. Generally speaking, I’m good with most deals so long as everybody on the tribe agrees. In this case, the deal actually saved us because that challenge was going to take a long, long, long time to finish due to the amount of mud. I was concerned nobody would ever score and we’d have to result to a tie breaker. As to who got the better deal, I’m still undecided! I see both sides. It’s so easy to backseat drive. I think Skupin had a good idea in trying to wipe them out long term by taking all their rice. The risk is they are too strong for the immunity challenge and they steal momentum and you never get it back. From Penner’s side, I think his idea also made sense, especially given how little rice they actually had left in their container. I leave this one to the audience.

EW: Finally, I’ll trade you all my rice if you’ll give us a tease for next week.

PROBST: Your rice isn’t worth the info I have. But in typical Survivor fashion, the game most definitely changes and results in a huge opportunity for one tribe.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:21 pm

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Jeff-probst-host-survivor-25_510x3131

Each week, host Jeff Probst answers a few questions about the most recent episode of ‘Survivor: Philippines’.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Jeff, is there anything more fun in the entire world than seeing a nice Christian lady who was originally ostracized by her tribe now not only working her way back into the game, but going and getting her hands dirty and making a bold move to try and take control of it? I think I now have a bigger crush on Lisa than I did back in the 1980s!
JEFF PROBST: There are so many great qualities about Lisa — where do we begin? I recently had her on as a guest on my talk show and what really struck me was her earnest nature. She’s not playing for the camera, her ethical struggle is legit. A Christian mom struggling to play a game invented by the devil. I believe we root for her because we see the true goodness in her and we want her to give herself permission to play dirty. If she does, she could win this game. I also think she looked better on the island than she ever has before because she let mother nature do its thing with her hair and skin — all of it. Yes agreed — crush firmly in place.

EW: Two people showing off their hidden immunity idols — and then not using them — and two others blatantly forming alliances on the spot before the vote. Have you ever seen that much chaos and craziness at a Tribal Council?
PROBST: I LOVED that Tribal Council. This game has gotten so complex and the moves people make are so brazen that you truly never know what to expect. I think it’s good for the game because you cannot hide as easily — people are playing to win. We don’t have as many people playing to “make the jury” and I think it’s because they’ve realized that the regret at not going for the gold will haunt you much longer than being voted out early because you went for it. There is no reason to play Survivor simply to “place” —winning is the only goal.

EW: After the vote you said, “That vote may go down as one of the biggest blown opportunities in the history of this game.” Obviously, you know how it plays out, but at the time, did you think it was a blown opportunity, and if so, by whom?

PROBST: The blown opportunity was Penner and his lack of commitment to his alliance. For a guy on the outside of a true alliance, he had a shot to firm it up with Jeff Kent and take control of the game. I thought they blew it. Granted my comment only pertains to that moment, but in a game of numbers that was a big blown opportunity. The question is — did Penner miscalculate? Or… does he have another plan in store.

EW: BONUS QUESTION! Is it at all weird to start reading votes and see your name in there? Ever consider they may actually be voting for YOU, Jeff?!?

PROBST: Oh, I’m sure many contestants have wanted to vote me off and still do — but they can’t! It’s a bit weird to hear people saying “Jeff” when talking about someone else, and yes, it’s a bit odd to see my name written down. It definitely reminded me that it would not be a good feeling. Seeing your name on a piece of parchment at Tribal Council must be the worst feeling for so many reasons — including the simple truth — “these people don’t want you round no more.”

EW: Tease us up good for next week, Probst!
PROBST: Lisa continues to come out of her shell…and she may have found a new best friend in Penner.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptySat 24 Nov 2012, 6:07 am

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/22/jeff-probst-survivor-philippines-episode-10/

Jeff Probst says Abi belongs in the 'Survivor Villain Hall of Fame'

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You have two types of “villains” on Survivor — those that know they are villains and almost embrace it in a way, and those that have no clue whatsoever. Abi-Maria would seem to clearly fall into that latter category. As a producer, how are they different in terms of what they bring to the show?
JEFF PROBST: Another interesting question…. I guess it would come down to behavior. Russell Hantz enjoys being a villain, likes creating chaos and on some level is always doing it for the audience enjoyment. He’s fascinating to watch because we know he is fully aware of what he is doing when he burns someone’s socks in the fire. Abi-Maria is completely clueless about the impact of her behavior on others. This is equally fascinating because we are amazed that she has no idea! I do think some of it is cultural, but the part that is cultural is the awareness of her behavior. The behavior itself is not cultural — that’s just selfishness and entitlement. Regardless of her approach, she has planted herself firmly in the Survivor Villain Hall Of Fame, which I would have never predicted pre-show. I thought she was very charming and funny and that she could flirt away deep into the game. I never saw this coming. Equally interesting is the fact that she is still in the game, and at this point is someone it makes a lot of sense to take to the end.

EW: There was a lot of confusion among the contestants during the reward challenge where they had to turn over their drums to reveal a logo and their opponents’ drums to cover their logo. I was curious if the Dream Teamers running this in rehearsal also had trouble keeping things straight. Also, how much in general do the rehearsals match the real deal?
PROBST: This was the first time we had done this challenge and while it is a very solid concept, it did prove problematic. When the Dream Team rehearsed it, we had a completely different outcome — they got extremely physical with each other. They would quickly get entangled in a wrestling match to keep the other from moving to the next ring. It resulted in lots of bruises and cuts. We were expecting a physical challenge from the Survivors, but instead they just started sprinting. I’d say that 30% of the time the Dream Teamers do something different from the Survivors. Most of the time it goes according to plan. One of the benefits of having the Dream Team rehearse a challenge is that we learn the places where you can “cheat”, and at that point we can decide whether to close those holes or leave them in the hopes that a Survivor will take advantage of it.

EW: I’ve bugged you about this before and am going to bug you again right now: the multi-stage immunity challenge. Why do these when it can mean that the one or two people that need to win more than anyone — in this case Pete and Abi — can get knocked out in the first stage, thereby draining a lot of the tension out of the rest of the competition?
JEFF PROBST: Usually these multi-stage challenges are a necessity due to production constraints. It takes quite a bit of people power to build our challenges and if we have any hiccups in their production — such as rain delays or we build a challenge that doesn’t end up working — and have to improvise, these multi-stage challenges are typically smaller builds and therefore a get out of jail free card. Totally agree that it doesn’t always work for the best drama. Sometimes you have to make the decision that allows you to finish production and it trumps an individual moment.

EW: I promise to give much thanks this holiday season if you give me a killer tease for next week’s episode.
PROBST: Abi is in trouble — can she find a way out? And alliances are shifting once again.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 5:40 pm

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/29/survivor-philippines-jeff-probst-episode-11/

Each week, host Jeff Probst answers a few questions about the most recent episode of ‘Survivor: Philippines’.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Ah, the Survivor food auction! When you first started these auctions, the covered items were always a risk to buy as you would have things like cheeseburgers, but also stuff like a glass of dirty water or local delicacies like balut or something that might gross people out. But lately you seem to have moved away from those gnarly options and everything is something good. I’m curious as to why that is, because you know the personal joy I get out of seeing others suffer.
JEFF PROBST: We do vary it year by year and honestly it’s the only “challenge” that we can adjust depending on how the season is going. When we know they’ve been starving, we are more likely to make it a more positive experience with bigger meals and fun payoffs. We know how incredibly tough it is to go day after day with so little food and joy so the auction is the one time we can perk up their morale. But we do still throw in the occasional “let’s make a deal” choice — and we did that this year. It just didn’t make the cut because the reality on the beach has been so damn good!

EW: I just don’t get it, Jeff. For me, one of the basics of Survivor is, when it comes to the food auction, don’t bid a single cent on anything and then use it all to buy the advantage at the end. Yet even when you have returning players like Skupin and Penner, and huge fans of the show like Malcolm and Lisa — who should all know better — they still ALL burn through their money, allowing the one person who couldn’t get it, Abi, to claim the prize. Explain to me how this always seems to happen.
PROBST: I think this is evidence regarding my answer in the earlier question of how incredibly hungry they are at this point in the game. Despite the fact that every good player knows there is no such thing as certainty in the game of Survivor, when you’re out there and it’s day 30 and you are living on a spoonful of rice a day it’s very difficult to be patient and stay focused on the game when there is money in your wallet and a burger in front of you. What’s even more fascinating to me is how many times the advantage has paid off! Even Abi won a challenge! I think it’s worked about 60% of the time. I completely made up that number but it does seem as though it works way more often than it doesn’t.

EW: It seems that Penner’s big downfall — beyond the food auction fiasco — was not accepting a final 4 deal, going against the basic Survivor rule of accept-every-alliance-to-the-end-that-is-offered-even-if-you-don’t-plan-to-honor-it. Did that surprise you to see him make such a basic rookie mistake?
PROBST: Penner blew it twice. He had a chance to secure the numbers back with Jeff Kent’s ouster and he absolutely blew it by passing up the final four. I think he got a little cocky. Penner is a very confident guy. He’s a gifted manipulator, good with the spoken and written word, and pretty good at reading people. But, there was no reason not to take that deal. He might argue that he didn’t want to lie to anyone, but as he and I later discussed after his ouster, nobody trusted him anyway so his mission to play a clean game was lost on everybody else. Also, I don’t know what was up between Penner and Jeff Kent, but I think it ultimately hurt both of them. Oddly, for some reason I really thought they might unite and form a true alliance, but instead they knocked heads and now are both on the jury.

EW: Crunch time! Tease us up for next week, and please include in said tease some insight into Malcolm’s brother, who looks absolutely amazing.

PROBST: Ah the loved one visit… it yields big rewards for at least one Survivor and yes, Malcolm’s brother is a charming treat — and a huge Survivor fan to boot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?   Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think? Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor Philippines [Season 25] Discussion Thread: Episode 11 Done: What Do You Think?
Page 1 of 1