Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations Empty
PostSubject: Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations   Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012, 10:29 pm

Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations GG-Banner

http://www.goldderby.com/news/3737/golden-globes-lincoln-argo-entertainment-news-92830984.html

"Lincoln" leads the Golden Globes for film with seven nominations, including Best Drama Picture.

The Steven Spielberg historical drama also racked up nominations for Director, Screenplay (Tony Kushner), Drama Actor (Daniel Day-Lewis), Supporting Actor (Tommy Lee Jones), Supporting Actress (Sally Field), and Score (John Williams).

Trailing with five nominations apiece are "Argo" and "Django Unchained." The latter film was skunked by the SAG Awards but picked up Globe nods for Drama Picture, Director and Screenplay (Quentin Tarantino), and two bids for Supporting Actor (Leonardo DiCaprio and Christoph Waltz).

"Argo" earned bids for Drama Picture, Supporting Actor (Alan Arkin), Director (Ben Affleck), Screenplay (Chris Terrio), and Score (Alexandre Desplat).

"Les Miserables" received a comparatively soft four nominations: Musical/Comedy Picture, Musical/Comedy Actor (Hugh Jackman), Supporting Actress (Anne Hathaway), and Song but Tom Hooper was surprisingly overlooked for Best Director.

Also with four is "Silver Linings Playbook," up for Musical/Comedy Picture, Musical/Comedy Actor (Bradley Cooper), Musical/Comedy Actress (Jennifer Lawrence), and Screenplay (David O. Russell). Co-star Robert De Niro was snubbed in the Supporting Actor race.

Rachel Weisz earned a surprise bid for Drama Actress for her work in "The Deep Blue Sea." She had previously won the New York Film Critics Circle Award, but was recently snubbed by SAG and the Critics' Choice Awards. Other surprises include Richard Gere for Drama Actor in "Arbitrage" and Nicole Kidman, earning another Supporting Actress bid for "The Paperboy" after her surprise nomination at SAG.

Early 2012 release "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" made a surprising impact, breaking into three top races: Musical/Comedy Picture and the Musical/Comedy lead acting races for stars Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt.

The Globes are presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. (HFPA), made up of journalists who cover the American film and TV industries for outlets around the world. The nearly 90 current members of the HFPA represent more than 50 countries.

The winners will be announced live on Sunday, January 13, on NBC. The ceremony will be hosted for the first time by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

----------------------------------

Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations Golden Globes Statues Wide 600

http://www.goldderby.com/cms/view/230/

The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards will be handed out on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013, during a ceremony hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and airing live on NBC. (See TV nominees here).

BEST DRAMA

"Argo"
"Django Unchained"
"Life of Pi"
"Lincoln"
"Zero Dark Thirty"

BEST DRAMA ACTOR
Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln"
Richard Gere, "Arbitrage"
John Hawkes, "The Sessions"
Joaquin Phoenix, "The Master"
Denzel Washington, "Flight"

BEST DRAMA ACTRESS
Marion Cotillard, "Rust and Bone"
Jessica Chastain, "Zero Dark Thirty"
Helen Mirren, "Hitchcock"
Naomi Watts, "The Impossible"
Rachel Weisz, "The Deep Blue Sea"

BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL PICTURE

"The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
"Les Miserables"
"Moonrise Kingdom"
"Silver Linings Playbook"
"Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"

BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL ACTOR
Jack Black, "Bernie"
Bradley Cooper, "Silver Linings Playbook,"
Hugh Jackman, "Les Miserables"
Ewan McGregor, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"
Bill Murray, "Hyde Park on Hudson"

BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL ACTRESS
Emily Blunt, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"
Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook"
Judi Dench, "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
Maggie Smith, "Quartet"
Meryl Streep, "Hope Springs"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Alan Arkin, "Argo"
Philip Seymour Hoffman, "The Master"
Christoph Waltz, "Django Unchained"
Leonardo DiCaprio, "Django Unchained"
Tommy Lee Jones, "Lincoln"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Anne Hathaway, "Les Miserables"
Helen Hunt, "The Sessions"
Amy Adams, "The Master"
Sally Field, "Lincoln"
Nicole Kidman, "The Paperboy"

BEST DIRECTOR
Ben Affleck, "Argo"
Ang Lee, "Life of Pi"
Steven Spielberg, "Lincoln"
Quentin Tarantino, "Django Unchained"
Kathryn Bigelow, "Zero Dark Thirty"

BEST SCREENPLAY
"Argo"
"Django Unchained"
"Zero Dark Thirty"
"Lincoln"

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
"Anna Karenina"
"Life of Pi"
"Argo"
"Lincoln"
"Cloud Atlas"

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
"For You" from "Act of Valor"
Music by: Monty Powell, Keith Urban Lyrics by: Monty Powell, Keith Urban

"Not Running Anymore" from "Stand Up Guys"
Music by: Jon Bon Jovi Lyrics by: Jon Bon Jovi

"Safe and Sound" from "The Hunger Games"
Music by: Taylor Swift, John Paul White, Joy Williams, T Bone Burnett Lyrics by: Taylor Swift, John Paul White, Joy Williams, T Bone Burnett

"Skyfall" form "Skyfall"
Music by: Adele, Paul Epworth Lyrics by: Adele, Paul Epworth

"Suddenly" from "Les Miserables"
Music by: Claude-Michel Schonberg Lyrics by: Alain Boublil, Claude-Michel Schonberg

BEST ANIMATED FILM
"Brave"
"Frankenweenie"
"Wreck-it Ralph"
"Rise of the Guardians"
"Hotel Transylvania"

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
"The Intouchables"
"Amour"
"A Royal Affair"
"Rust and Bone"
"Kon-Tiki"

--------------------

What films do you want to win?

Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations   Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations EmptyFri 14 Dec 2012, 12:40 am

Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations Golden-globes-banner

http://www.goldderby.com/news/3735/golden-globes-golden-globe-awards-nominations-snubs-oscars-film-entertainment-news-13579086.html

Last year marked the first time in eight tries that the Golden Globes saw one of their two top Picture champs -- Best Comedy/Musical winner "The Artist" -- go on to take the top prize at the Oscars.

Of this year's leading Oscar contenders for Best Picture, all of them figure in one of the two Globe races, except for "Beasts of the Southern Wild," "The Master" and "Amour".

While "Beasts" was completely shut out, "The Master" did pick up acting nods for Joaquin Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams while "Amour" contends for foreign language film.

Other notable names missing from the list are helmer Tom Hooper ("Les Miserables"), Keira Knightley ("Anna Karenina") and Robert De Niro ("Silver Linings Playbook"), who the HFPA feted last year with the Cecil B. DeMille Award.

NOT BEST DRAMA PICTURE
"Amour"
"Anna Karenina"
"Beasts of the Southern Wild"
"The Dark Knight Rises"
"Flight"
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"
"The Impossible"
"The Master"
"The Sessions"
"Skyfall"

NOT BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL PICTURE
"21 Jump Street"
"Bernie"
"The Guilt Trip"
"Hyde Park on Hudson"
"Hope Springs"
"Magic Mike"
"Quartet"
"Ted"
"This is 40"

NOT BEST DRAMA ACTOR
Ben Affleck, "Argo"
Jamie Foxx, "Django Unchained"
Jake Gyllenhaal, "End of Watch"
Tom Holland, "The Impossible"
Anthony Hopkins, "Hitchcock"
Jean Louis Trintignant, "Amour"

NOT BEST DRAMA ACTRESS

Keira Knightley, "Anna Karenina"
Emmanuelle Riva, "Amour"

NOT BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL ACTOR

Tom Cruise, "Rock of Ages"
Johnny Depp, "Dark Shadows"
Colin Farrell, "Seven Psychopaths"
Paul Rudd, "This is 40"
Omar Sy, "The Intouchables"
Channing Tatum, "Magic Mike"

NOT BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL ACTRESS

Penelope Cruz, "To Rome with Love"
Elle Fanning, "Ginger and Rosa"
Laura Linney, "Hyde Park on Hudson"
Melanie Lynskey, "Hello, I Must Be Going"
Bette Midler, "Parental Guidance"
Barbra Streisand, "The Guilt Trip"

NOT BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Russell Crowe, "Les Miserables"
Samuel L. Jackson, "Django Unchained"
William H. Macy, "The Sessions"
Ewan McGregor, "The Impossible"
Eddie Redmayne, "Les Miserables"
James Spader, "Lincoln"

NOT BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Samantha Barks, "Les Miserables"
Emily Blunt, "Looper"
Helena Bonham Carter, "Les Miserables"
Scarlett Johannson, "Hitchcock"
Kelly Reilly, "Flight"
Jacki Weaver, "Silver Linings Playbook"

NOT BEST DIRECTOR
Paul Thomas Anderson, "The Master"
Wes Anderson, "Moonrise Kindgom"
Peter Jackson, "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"
Ben Lewin, "The Sessions"
John Madden, "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
Christopher Nolan, "The Dark Knight Rises"
Joe Wright, "Anna Karenina"
Benh Zeitlin, "Beasts of the Southern Wild"
Robert Zemeckis, "Flight"
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations   Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations EmptyFri 14 Dec 2012, 1:34 am

Life of Pi or Argo and either Les Mes or Silver Linings Playbook will get it. Some good noms.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations   Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations EmptyFri 14 Dec 2012, 2:23 am

Here are who I want to win in certain categoies:

BEST DRAMA
"Argo"
"Django Unchained"
"Life of Pi"
"Lincoln"
"Zero Dark Thirty"

[I've not seen Zero Dark Thirty or Django Unchained so I guess I can't judge too much.
Wink ]

BEST DRAMA ACTOR
Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln"
Richard Gere, "Arbitrage"
John Hawkes, "The Sessions"
Joaquin Phoenix, "The Master"
Denzel Washington, "Flight"

[Day-Lewis has this for sure.]

BEST DRAMA ACTRESS
Marion Cotillard, "Rust and Bone"
Jessica Chastain, "Zero Dark Thirty"
Helen Mirren, "Hitchcock"
Naomi Watts, "The Impossible"
Rachel Weisz, "The Deep Blue Sea"

[I think Chastain is going to win this but I have not seen any of these performances. I really want to see thema ll though.]

BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL PICTURE

"The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
"Les Miserables"
"Moonrise Kingdom"
"Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"

[I know Les Miz will win although I still have to see it. If not Les Miz then it should be Silver Linings Playbook, which I've seen and liked.]

BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL ACTOR
Jack Black, "Bernie"
Bradley Cooper, "Silver Linings Playbook,"
Hugh Jackman, "Les Miserables"
Ewan McGregor, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"
Bill Murray, "Hyde Park on Hudson"

[Hugh Jackman probably will win but I wouldn't mind Cooper winning atm.]

BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL ACTRESS
Emily Blunt, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"
Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook"
Judi Dench, "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
Maggie Smith, "Quartet"
Meryl Streep, "Hope Springs"

[Jennifer has this for sure. She earned it too.]

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Alan Arkin, "Argo"
Philip Seymour Hoffman, "The Master"
Christoph Waltz, "Django Unchained"
Leonardo DiCaprio, "Django Unchained"
Tommy Lee Jones, "Lincoln"

[I still need to see Django Unchained but I think Leo will win and I would like him to win [mostly the Oscar since he is overdue! I did like Tommy Lee Jones though and Alan Arkin.]

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Anne Hathaway, "Les Miserables"
Helen Hunt, "The Sessions"
Amy Adams, "The Master"
Sally Field, "Lincoln"
Nicole Kidman, "The Paperboy"

[Anne will win for sure and I can't wait to see her performance. I did see Sally and Helen's and they were great but it's Anne's time.]

BEST DIRECTOR
Ben Affleck, "Argo"
Ang Lee, "Life of Pi"
Steven Spielberg, "Lincoln"
Quentin Tarantino, "Django Unchained"
Kathryn Bigelow, "Zero Dark Thirty"

[I think Ben should win this although I still need to see 2 of these films. Spielberg and Lee were both great though; tough category.]

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
"For You" from "Act of Valor"
Music by: Monty Powell, Keith Urban Lyrics by: Monty Powell, Keith Urban

"Not Running Anymore" from "Stand Up Guys"
Music by: Jon Bon Jovi Lyrics by: Jon Bon Jovi

"Safe and Sound" from "The Hunger Games"
Music by: Taylor Swift, John Paul White, Joy Williams, T Bone Burnett Lyrics by: Taylor Swift, John Paul White, Joy Williams, T Bone Burnett

"Skyfall" form "Skyfall"
Music by: Adele, Paul Epworth Lyrics by: Adele, Paul Epworth

"Suddenly" from "Les Miserables"
Music by: Claude-Michel Schonberg Lyrics by: Alain Boublil, Claude-Michel Schonberg

[I love Adele so I want her to win. I think Les Miz will win though.]
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations   Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 6:27 am

Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations GG-Lessons-Banner

http://www.goldderby.com/news/3744/golden-globes-lesson-oscars-lincoln-argo-les-mis-entertainment-news-34578561.html

What do the Golden Globe nominations tell us about the Oscars?

The Golden Globes, one of our most reliable Oscar crystal balls, have announced their nominees: “Lincoln” leads with seven nods, with “Argo” and “Django Unchained” close behind with five each. “Zero Dark Thirty,” “Les Miserables,” and “Silver Linings Playbook” managed four bids apiece, while "Life of Pi" received three. Completely shut out was "Beasts of the Southern Wild," while “The Master” was left out of Best Picture, Director, Screenplay, and Score, despite receiving three acting nominations. Here’s what the Golden Globe nominations tell us about the Oscars:

BEST PICTURE [AT THE OSCARS]
It is important to note that only four films have won Best Picture without being nominated in either the Drama or Musical/Comedy categories at the Golden Globes: “The Sting” (1973), “Chariots of Fire” (1981), “Gandhi” (1982), and “Crash” (2005) (It is important to note that between 1953-1955, there were no nominees, only winners were announced). Whether it be in the Drama or Musical/Comedy category, a Globe nomination means a great deal to a films Oscar chances.

BEST DRAMA FILM
"Argo," "Django Unchained," "Life of Pi," "Lincoln," "Zero Dark Thirty"

Last year, five out of the six Best Picture (Drama) nominees repeated at the Oscars: “The Descendants,” “The Help,” “Hugo,” “Moneyball,” and “War Horse”; only “The Ides of March” was excluded. “The Descendants” won the Globe, but not the Oscar.

Since 1952, a staggering 32 of the Golden Globe’s picks for Best Picture (Drama) have repeated at the Oscars: “The Greatest Show on Earth” (1952), “On the Waterfront” (1954), “Around the World in 80 Days” (1956), “The Bridge on the River Kwai” (1957), “Ben-Hur” (1959), “Lawrence of Arabia” (1962), “A Man for All Seasons” (1966), “In the Heat of the Night” (1967), “The French Connection” (1971), “The Godfather” (1972), “One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest” (1975), “Rocky” (1976), “Kramer vs. Kramer” (1979), “Ordinary People” (1980), “Terms of Endearment” (1983), “Amadeus” (1984), “Out of Africa” (1985), “Platoon” (1986), “The Last Emperor” (1987), “Rain Man” (1988), “Dances with Wolves” (1990), “Schindler’s List” (1993), “Forrest Gump” (1994), “The English Patient” (1996), “Titanic” (1997), “Saving Private Ryan” (1998), “American Beauty” (1999), “Gladiator” (2000), “A Beautiful Mind” (2001), “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” (2003), and “Slumdog Millionaire” (2008).

Left out of this category were “The Master” and “Beasts of the Southern Wild.” This doesn’t necessarily hurt their chances of an Oscar nomination, but it doesn’t help them either. All five of the Globe’s nominees have a shot at getting into Best Picture, but the question is which one will win. “Lincoln” has the most nominations, yet “Zero Dark Thirty” has been collecting all the critics awards. It’ll be a fight to the death for that top prize.

BEST MUSICAL/COMEDY FILM
"The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel," "Les Miserables," "Moonrise Kingdom," "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen," "Silver Linings Playbook"

Last year, only two of the Best Picture (Musical/Comedy) nominees – “The Artist” and “Midnight in Paris” – repeated at the Oscars, leaving out “Bridesmaids,” “50/50,” and “My Week with Marilyn.” “The Artist” won both the Globe and the Oscar.

Since 1951, 12 of the Golden Globe’s picks for Best Picture (Musical/Comedy) have repeated at the Oscars: “An American in Paris” (1951), “Gigi” (1958), “The Apartment” (1960), “West Side Story” (1961), “Tom Jones” (1963), “My Fair Lady” (1964), “The Sound of Music” (1965), “Oliver!” (1968), “Driving Miss Daisy” (1989), “Shakespeare in Love” (1998), “Chicago” (2002), and “The Artist” (2011).

This is a battle between “Les Miserables” and “Silver Linings Playbook.” The grand sweep of “Les Mis” could put it in the lead, but “Silver Linings” is one to watch in this category. Meanwhile, “Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” and “Moonrise Kingdom” are both starting to look like strong Best Picture nominees.

BEST DIRECTOR
Ben Affleck (“Argo”), Kathryn Bigelow (“Zero Dark Thirty”), Ang Lee (“Life of Pi”), Steven Spielberg (“Lincoln”), Quentin Tarantino (“Django Unchained”)

Last year, four of the Golden Globe’s picks for Best Director repeated at the Oscars: Michel Hazanavicius (“The Artist”), Alexander Payne (“The Descendants”), Martin Scorsese (“Hugo”), and Woody Allen (“Midnight in Paris”); George Clooney (“The Ides of March”) was replaced by Terrence Malick (“The Tree of Life”).

Quentin Tarantino gets a huge boost today. Left out were Tom Hooper (“Les Miserables”), David O. Russell (“Silver Linings Playbook”), and Paul Thomas Anderson (“The Master”). Hooper’s exclusion does not bode well for “Les Mis’” chances. If the same happens at the Oscars, it will significantly hurt the film's standing as a Best Picture frontrunner, since only three films – “Wings” (1927), “Grand Hotel” (1932), and “Driving Miss Daisy” (1989) – have won Best Picture without a Best Director nomination. Meanwhile, Hollywood god Steven Spielberg will duke it out with critics darling Kathryn Bigelow for the win, but watch out for Ben Affleck in this category: the Globes love to reward a big star turned director.

BEST ACTOR, DRAMA
Daniel Day-Lewis (“Lincoln”), Richard Gere (“Arbitrage”), John Hawkes (“The Sessions”), Joaquin Phoenix (“The Master”), Denzel Washington (“Flight”)

Last year, only George Clooney (“The Descendants”) and Brad Pitt (“Moneyball”) repeated at the Oscars, while Leonardo DiCaprio (“J. Edgar”), Michael Fassbender (“Shame”) and Ryan Gosling (“The Ides of March”) were left out for Demian Bichir (“A Better Life”) and Gary Oldman (“Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy”). Clooney won the Golden Globe.

Joaquin Phoenix’s chances are revived after being snubbed by SAG, while Richard Gere gets his first kudos of the season. Gere, who won a Globe for “Chicago” (2002), has never been nominated for an Oscar, despite being one of Hollywood’s favorite actors. Could this be a sign of things to come? Daniel Day-Lewis retains his front-runner status.

BEST ACTOR, MUSICAL/COMEDY
Jack Black (“Bernie”), Bradley Cooper (“Silver Linings Playbook”), Hugh Jackman (“Les Miserables”), Ewan McGregor (“Salmon Fishing in the Yemen”), Bill Murray (“Hyde Park on Hudson”)

Last year, only Jean Dujardin (“The Artist”) repeated at the Oscars, leaving out Brendan Gleeson (“The Guard”), Ryan Gosling (“Crazy, Stupid, Love”), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (“50/50”) and Owen Wilson (“Midnight in Paris”); Dujardin won both the Globe and the Oscar.

The battle here is between Bradley Cooper and Hugh Jackman, who are both likely to receive Oscar nominations. Give Jackman the edge right now, given the gravitas of “Les Mis,” but Cooper could surprise.

BEST ACTRESS, DRAMA
Jessica Chastain (“Zero Dark Thirty”), Marion Cotillard (“Rust and Bone”), Helen Mirren (“Hitchcock”), Naomi Watts (“The Impossible”), Rachel Weisz (“The Deep Blue Sea”)

Last year, four of the Best Actress nominees came from this category: Glenn Close (“Albert Nobbs”), Viola Davis (“The Help”), Rooney Mara (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”), and Meryl Streep (“The Iron Lady”); only Tilda Swinton (“We Need to Talk About Kevin”) was left out. Streep won both the Globe and the Oscar.

After being snubbed by SAG and now the Golden Globes, things aren’t looking good for Quvenzhane Wallis (“Beast of the Southern Wild”) and Emmanuelle Riva (“Amour”). Things are looking brighter for Helen Mirren and Naomi Watts, who were both nominated by SAG yesterday. And Rachel Weisz adds this nomination to her NYFCC win to become a real contender.

BEST ACTRESS, MUSICAL COMEDY
Emily Blunt (“Salmon Fishing in the Yemen”), Judi Dench (The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”), Jennifer Lawrence (“Silver Linings Playbook”), Maggie Smith (“Quartet”), Meryl Streep (“Hope Springs”)

Last year, only one of the Best Actress nominees in this category – winner Michelle Williams (“My Week with Marilyn”) – repeated at the Oscars, leaving out Jodie Foster (“Carnage”), Charlize Theron (“Young Adult”), Kristen Wiig (“Bridesmaids”), and Kate Winslet (“Carnage”).

That same scenario could play out this year, with front-runner Jennifer Lawrence likely to score a nomination. It would be a shock for anyone else to win in this category. Meanwhile, the question is which of her Dramatic counterparts does she edge out for an Oscar nomination? Weisz appears to be the most vulnerable, but you never can tell.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Alan Arkin (“Argo”), Leonardo DiCaprio (“Django Unchained”), Philip Seymour Hoffman (“The Master”), Tommy Lee Jones (“Lincoln”), Christoph Waltz (“Django Unchained”)

Last year, three of the Best Supporting Actor nominees repeated at the Oscars: Kenneth Branagh (“My Week with Marilyn”), Jonah Hill (“Moneyball”), and Christopher Plummer (“Beginners”); Albert Brooks (“Drive”) and Viggo Mortensen (“A Dangerous Method”) were replaced by Nick Nolte (“Warrior”) and Max von Sydow (“Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close”). Plummer won both the Globe and the Oscar.

After being snubbed by the Globes and the BFCA, the “Django Unchained” men finally get some love. Left out were SAG nominees Robert De Niro (“Silver Linings Playbook”) and Javier Bardem (“Skyfall”), as well as Samuel L. Jackson (“Django Unchained”), Matthew McConaughey (“Magic Mike”), and Eddie Redmayne (“Les Miserables”). A front-runner has yet to emerge in this category, so it’s up for grabs.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams (“The Master”), Sally Field (“Lincoln”), Anne Hathaway (“Les Miserables”), Helen Hunt (“The Sessions”), Nicole Kidman (“The Paperboy”)

Last year, four of the Best Supporting Actress nominees repeated at the Oscars: Berenice Bejo (“The Artist”), Jessica Chastain (“The Help”), Janet McTeer (“Albert Nobbs”), and Octavia Spencer (“The Help”); Shailene Woodley (“The Descendants”) was replaced by Melissa McCarthy (“Bridesmaids”). Spencer won both the Globe and the Oscar.

Amy Adams gets a boost after a snub from SAG yesterday, replacing SAG nominee Maggie Smith (“The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”). Judi Dench (“Skyfall”), Ann Dowd (“Compliance”), Samantha Barks (“Les Miserables”), and Jacki Weaver (“Silver Linings Playbook”) were left out again, while Nicole Kidman repeated her SAG nomination for “The Paperboy,” a film that was critically panned upon its release. Will Oscar voters ignore critics and nominate one of their favorite actresses?

BEST SCREENPLAY
Chris Terrio (“Argo”), Quentin Tarantino (“Django Unchained”), Tony Kushner (“Lincoln”), David O. Russell (“Silver Linings Playbook”), Mark Boal (“Zero Dark Thirty”)

Last year, all five of the Golden Globe nominees – “The Artist” (Michel Hazanavicius), “The Descendants” (Alexander Payne, Jim Rash, Nat Faxon), “The Ides of March” (George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Beau Willimon), “Midnight in Paris” (Woody Allen), and “Moneyball” (Steven Zaillian, Aaron Sorkin) – repeated at the Oscars. Woody Allen won both the Globe and the Oscar.

Because the Globes only have one category for Screenplay, there are always several contenders left out. This year, “The Master” (Paul Thomas Anderson), “Moonrise Kingdom” (Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola), “Life of Pi” (David Magee), and “Looper” (Rian Johnson) were left out, but that doesn’t necessarily hurt their Oscar chances. The winner in this category will be telling for either the Original or Adapted Screenplay race.

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
"Brave," "Frankenweenie," "Hotel Transylvania," "Rise of the Guardians," "Wreck-It Ralph"

Last year, two of the Globe nominees – “Rango” and “Puss in Boots” – repeated at the Oscars, while “The Adventures of Tintin,” “Arthur Christmas,” and “Cars 2” were replaced by “A Cat in Paris,” “Chico & Rita,” and “Kung Fu Panda 2.” “Tintin” won the Globe, while “Rango” won the Oscar.

It seems unlikely that anything can beat “Frankenweenie” at this point, all the way up to the Oscars.

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
"Amour," "A Royal Affair," "The Intouchables," "Kon-Tiki," "Rust and Bone"

Last year, only one nominee – “A Separation” – repeated at the Oscars, while “The Flowers of War,” “The Kid with a Bike,” “In the Land of Blood and Honey,” and “The Skin I Live In” were all replaced by “Bullhead,” “Footnote,” “In Darkness,” and “Monsieur Lazhar.” “A Separation” won both the Globe and the Oscar.

“Rust and Bone” is ineligible in this category at the Oscars, since France submitted fellow nominee “The Intouchables” instead. “Amour” is in the lead for the win, but the Best Actress snubbing of Emmanuel Riva calls into question the overall popularity of the film.

BEST SCORE
Dario Marianelli (“Anna Karenina”), Alexandre Desplat (“Argo”), Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek, Reinhold Heil (“Cloud Atlas”), Mychael Danna (“Life of Pi”), John Williams (“Lincoln”)

Last year, three of the nominated scores repeated at the Oscars: “The Artist” (Ludovic Bource), “Hugo” (Howard Shore), and “War Horse” (John Williams); “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” (Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross) and “W.E.” (Abel Korzeniowski) were replaced by “The Adventures of Tintin” (John Williams) and “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy” (Alberto Iglesias). “The Artist” won both the Globe and the Oscar.

Since a front-runner has yet to emerge in this category, it’s still anyone’s game. The popularity of “Lincoln” could push it towards a win, yet this could also be a place where voters reward “Life of Pi” or “Argo.” Left out were “Beasts of the Southern Wild” (Benh Zeitlin, Dan Romer) and “The Master” (Jonny Greenwood).

BEST SONG
“For You” (“Act of Valor”), “Not Running Anymore” (“Stand Up Guys”), "Safe and Sound" (“The Hunger Games”), “Skyfall (Song)” (“Skyfall”), “Suddenly” (“Les Miserables”)

Last year, none of the Globe nominated songs repeated at the Oscars. This year, the likeliest nominees are “Skyfall” and “Suddenly,” with Adele’s popularity pushing “Skyfall” into the lead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations   Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations Empty

Back to top Go down

Golden Globe Awards (Film) 2012: Complete List of Nominations
Page 1 of 1