Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE WOLVERINE Co-Writer Reveals That Rogue Could Have Appeared In The Movie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

THE WOLVERINE Co-Writer Reveals That Rogue Could Have Appeared In The Movie Empty
PostSubject: THE WOLVERINE Co-Writer Reveals That Rogue Could Have Appeared In The Movie   THE WOLVERINE Co-Writer Reveals That Rogue Could Have Appeared In The Movie EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 12:15 am

While chatting to CreativeScreenwriting.com (via SHH) about his work on the film, The Wolverine co-writer Mark Bomback reveals that another member of The X-Men aside from Jean Grey could well have shared the screen with Logan in James Mangold's movie. He explains that because he was such a fan of Rogue (played by Anna Paquin in X-Men 1-3) and her connection with Wolverine, he toyed with the idea of adding her into the script..even trying to come up with a way for Yashida to come to possess her powers.

"I love Rogue and I just think that there’s something about this idea that Rogue is tremendously empathetic but incapable of safe human contact. That always moved me and I thought that’s what really got to the heart of what makes the X-Men franchise so unique. So I was trying to do something with Rogue in the script. I even had a set of ideas that the old man possessed a version of Rogue’s power and that was going to be indicated by a white stripe in his hair. Eventually it became very goofy, and I threw it out because I started realizing throughout the script that it became more problematic than cool."

"It’s no accident to me that in the first X-Men film the first two mutants that you really see who have a connection are Wolverine and Rogue. There’s something special between them, so I was trying to bring Rogue into it, but it just didn’t get there. I regretted there wasn’t a way to figure it out, but when I look at the film now, it would have stuck out if we tried to shoehorn her in there just because it was another character from the universe."

Many fans were a little disappointed with the movie version of Rogue in the previous X-flicks -- although Anna Paquin gave good performances, the character was VERY different to her comic counterpart. Maybe with Days Of Future Past we'll finally see the sassy, tough as nails Southern belle we all know and love..and having her fly and punch the heads off Sentinels wouldn't hurt either!
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=85377#Ac6oiQXMROf08HJg.99
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

THE WOLVERINE Co-Writer Reveals That Rogue Could Have Appeared In The Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WOLVERINE Co-Writer Reveals That Rogue Could Have Appeared In The Movie   THE WOLVERINE Co-Writer Reveals That Rogue Could Have Appeared In The Movie EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 6:25 am

I would have loved that.

I want my flying super strength Rogue in the next X-Men film.

Being with Gambit would be too much to ask for but at least let her fly and be strong people!
Back to top Go down

THE WOLVERINE Co-Writer Reveals That Rogue Could Have Appeared In The Movie
Page 1 of 1