Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Johnny Depp Says Disney Fought to Fire Him From "Pirates of the Caribbean"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Johnny Depp Says Disney Fought to Fire Him From "Pirates of the Caribbean"   Empty
PostSubject: Johnny Depp Says Disney Fought to Fire Him From "Pirates of the Caribbean"    Johnny Depp Says Disney Fought to Fire Him From "Pirates of the Caribbean"   EmptySun 18 Aug 2013, 3:45 pm

In a new interview, Johnny Depp revealed that Disney executives wanted to fire him after they got a look at what the actor was planning for his Captain Jack Sparrow character in the first "Pirates of the Caribbean" film.

"I was probably as close to getting fired as anyone could be. They wanted to fire me so bad they could taste it," he said. "I spoke to one of the execs at the time and said, 'You're right, you should fire me – but you'll have to pay me for my time.'"

Depp's over-the-top performance was too much for Disney, which worried about that the film would be impossible to market. "I'm very happy to explore all possibilities of a character and really dive into the role," the actor explained. "They couldn't understand what I was doing. They didn't understand the character. They were actually contemplating subtitling the film."

Depp ended up getting his first ever Oscar nomination for the role and "Pirates of the Caribbean" become one of Disney's biggest franchises, which is now in its fifth film.

Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=29048#ixzz2cLcqddEa
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Johnny Depp Says Disney Fought to Fire Him From "Pirates of the Caribbean"   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp Says Disney Fought to Fire Him From "Pirates of the Caribbean"    Johnny Depp Says Disney Fought to Fire Him From "Pirates of the Caribbean"   EmptySun 18 Aug 2013, 8:40 pm

I am glad they didn't fire him
Back to top Go down

Johnny Depp Says Disney Fought to Fire Him From "Pirates of the Caribbean"
Page 1 of 1