Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hailey's Newsies Issue 20 - April 12th 2009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric
Hall Of Famer
Eric

Male
Number of posts : 6318
Favorite WWE Diva : Top 5
(Including NXT)
#1 - Nikki Bella
#2 - Charlotte
#3 - Summer Rae
#4 - Eva Marie
#5 - Alicia Fox
Favorite TNA Knockout : Top 5
#1 - Brooke
#2 - Taryn Terrell
#3 - Angelina Love
#4 - Brittany
#5 - Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Hailey's Newsies Issue 20 - April 12th 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Hailey's Newsies Issue 20 - April 12th 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 20 - April 12th 2009 EmptySun 12 Apr 2009, 1:40 am

I'm finally at my 20th Issue. I'm loving the reactions to my newsies and I'm glad people read them. I know that you might have missed a couple issues, which I do not approve of, but whatever you can just go back and read them since they are still all there. Wink Thank you for your support.

I Love Money : WWE

This week's matches are.

Mr. Kennedy vs. CM Punk (Cynbitch vs. Blue)
Triple H vs. Matt Hardy (Dr LL vs. Dr LL)
JBL vs. The Great Khali (Serial vs. LitaIsExtreme)
Chris Jericho vs. John Cena (Blue vs. Cynbitch)
Melina vs. MVP (Dr LL vs. Dr LL)
Kofi Kingston vs. Jesse (Serial vs. LitaIsExtreme)

Results

Mr. Kennedy def. CM Punk - Mic Check
Triple H def. Matt Hardy - Pedigree
JBL def. The Great Khali - Clothesline From Hell
John Cena def. Chris Jericho - Stfu
MVP def. Melina - Playmaker
Jesse def. Kofi Kingston - Diving Legdrop

Lynn wins ROH Title

Jerry Lynn has captured the ROH World Heavyweight Championship from Nigel McGuinness.

Ring of Honor finally capped off their long running storyline for the embattled former ECW World Heavyweight Champion. Jerry Lynn has been playing the role of the underdog former star that is trying to prove himself again. Nigel McGuinness has been playing the role of the cocky heel champion who underestimates the former champion.

With this title win, Jerry Lynn becomes the very first wrestler ever to have held both the ECW World Heavyweight Championship and the ROH World Heavyweight Championship.

ROH Stars At WWE Event

Several ROH stars were on hand for the WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Saturday night.

Ace Steel was at the ceremony as a guest of CM Punk. William Regal brought along Bryan Danielson. ROH owner Cary Silkin and ROH Heavyweight Champion Jerry Lynn were also at the event. However, it wasn't for certain if they were there as guests of someone in WWE.

Ring of Honor was already in Houston for the weekend. The company was running some shows there to capitalize on Wrestlemania 25 weekend.

Oldest Performer

After this past Sunday, Jimmy Snuka is officialy the oldest wrestler to ever work a Wrestlemania match now.

Christian Discusses His Time In TNA

Wrestling fans who only kept up with WWE probably wondered where Christian has been for the last three years.

Well, for those of you that don't know, he was working for the competition - TNA.

Christian originally walked away from WWE because he was frustrated that the company was not giving him a proper chance to work in the main event level. It was a position that was deserved based on how popular he was. So, he decided to venture down to TNA to get a chance to work as a world champion. When the opportunity came around to give WWE another try, he snatched it up.

In a recent interview with ESPN, Christian revealed what he learned while he was down in TNA.

Quote:

"I think it's the overall package, but the biggest thing for me was maturing. I think that time away I was able to reevaluate and reassess what things were important to me and what exactly it is that I wanted in my life, in my profession. When I started in WWE, I was a 24-year-old kid and it was all kind of a whirlwind. I never had the chance to step back and look at it from the outside and assess things from a different level. That's what happened when I stepped away, and that's why I think you'll see a different performer this time."

WWE Draft Lottery 2009

First, the facts.
The 2009 WWE Draft Lottery will be taking place on April 13, 2009. The event will be held at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.
To commemorate the event, WWE will be producing a special three hour episode of Raw next week.
A supplemental draft will take place on April 15, 2009. Several lower level wrestlers are expected be exchanged through the supplemental draft, which is expected to be announced via the official company website.

The WWE Draft Lottery has become an annual tradition as of late with the company. The event has become one of the most anticipated ones with wrestling fans.
What the WWE Draft Lottery brings is change to the three different shows (ECW, Smackdown, and Raw). After an entire year of seeing the same roster, it is a bit refreshing to see the changes.
Not only does the change in the roster bring some fresh feuds, but it also is a potential vehicle to help give wrestlers some much needed momentum.
Remember how much momentum Shelton Benjamin had in 2004 when he was drafted over to Raw to become a singles wrestler (and gain some victories against Triple H)?
That could happen again if WWE were to figure out the right move.

The WWE Draft Lottery could help answer some questions for the remaining part of 2009.
ECW Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger is going to need some new opponents, and the draft lottery can provide that for him.
Evan Bourne still needs to build up some momentum after being away because of an injury. Finlay is still a solid worker, but he just doesn't generate excitement as a challenger. Christian is more than qualified, but wrestling fans want to see him in a bigger role on one of the other two brands.
There's not enough credible opponents on Smackdown for the Undertaker, so WWE is going to have to find someone from Raw to challenge him. That, or they'll move the Undertaker over to the Raw brand.
For much of the last year, Miz and John Morrison were used on all three brands. Now might be a good time to figure out a permanent home for the popular duo.

A few weeks ago, there was word floating around that management was going to be shifting the focus more towards the Raw brand again.
Several members of the front office, including Vince McMahon, want to add more star power to the flagship brand.
Management could be going in the wrong way, though.
With ratings for Smackdown going down as of late, it might not necessarily be a smart move to take away the star power from the brand to boost the other one.

Source : WrestlingRevealed

Last edited by Hailey on Sun 29 Nov 2009, 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Hailey's Newsies Issue 20 - April 12th 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 20 - April 12th 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 20 - April 12th 2009 EmptySun 12 Apr 2009, 3:33 am

ahahah as if i have had two matches against myself....conspiraciys lol
Back to top Go down

Hailey's Newsies Issue 20 - April 12th 2009
Page 1 of 1