Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diva Lowdown: Who got the better end of the Deal? The Divas Draft

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Diva Lowdown: Who got the better end of the Deal? The Divas Draft Empty
PostDiva Lowdown: Who got the better end of the Deal? The Divas Draft

Diva Lowdown: Who got the better end of the deal? The Divas Draft

This week 7 Divas changed brands in what seemed to be a random Trade. Now everyone is praising Smackdowns group of talent, but before I head there let me start out with Raw.
Raw received Eve Torres, Melina & The Bella Twins. Now we have Gail Kim, Melina, Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly & The Bella Twins as faces, while Alicia Fox & Jillian Hall as the two main heels.
Sometime ago it was reported that management wasn’t happy with Alicia Fox’s performance it’s rather ironic she is the main heel left on the roster. With Jillian serving Jobber role for life, this brings back up the rumors of Gail Kim’s potential heel turn once again. It may happen it may not, but one thing is for sure, someone on the raw side will be changing gears. Many is seeing Smackdown as the winner, but I actually like the group of Raw. Eve hasn’t disappointed as yet, Alicia has been solid since debuting, Gail Kim is a great worker, Melina is meh, but she’s around and needed. Kelly is repetitive but her role is the same as the reason why the Bella’s were moved to Raw and that’s to pamper the male Guest Hosts, Kelly & The Bella’s are WWE’s version of Arm Candy for the hosts. It is safe to say Alicia, Gail, Eve, Melina & Jillian will be doing most of the wrestling. And with Rosa gone at least we will see some decent squash matches. I’m happy with those five. Adding Katie Lea would have been neat, but oh well. I see lots of Jillian vs. Bella matches in the near future.

ECW needs no discussion, Rosa there…much luck making her look good Katie.

Smackdown, I’m truly saddened with the WWE, I really am, don’t get me wrong, the group is pretty damn solid, but I’m saddened everyone has made a brand switch at one point in their career except Michelle McCool, this is yet another attempt to make Michelle look good and it’s sad. They threw her in with Jillian and Jillian made her look good Jillian got buried they moved her to Raw. They fed her Natalya and buried her they then randomly tossed her on ECW, she hasn’t been in a singles match or even title scene in ages. They fed her Maryse and Michelle buried her, they moved her to Raw once things were looking up. Alicia was drawing more heel heat, so they pull her away from Michelle and tossed a less famous Layla as her lackey. This makes me question their intention with Mickie James & Beth Phoenix. It’s pretty safe to say any plans of a Mickie vs. Beth Fued has been scrapped. It’s either Michelle vs. Mickie or Michelle vs. Beth, but one thing is clear Michelle is going to once again be in the title scene again, which is the main Reason she hasn’t left Smackdown since she returned. It’s pretty pathetic to be honest. It sucks we won’t get any Mickie-Natalya- Beth interaction because Michelle is going to be a constant thorn stuck in the middle of everything.

You try to deny the fact that the backstage reasons is why Michelle is being pushed, then you look at the fact that since the introduction of the Divas Championship, Michelle has been part of every championship scene since then. At least Mickie stepped aside for Melina and Beth to have their feud and Mickie James has been outside of various championship feuds. But when it comes to Michelle McCool, it’s a whole other story.

People say I’m bad when I bitch about Michelle, but the fact that WWE is trying to build Michelle as this amazing wrestler is sad, they are now feeding both Beth Phoenix & Mickie James to her and this time it’s a two for one.

Who really benefit from this trade? The girls on Raw in my opinion, as lame and overused their idea’s may seem, there is at least variety and change in who gets pushed. Melina is the new Go to girl (New Mickie James) and we will have an opportunity to see girls like Alicia Fox & Eve Torres grow in a roster that doesn’t have loads of credible divas. Who loses? Beth Phoenix & Mickie James, welcoming them to Michelle McCool Land. While Layla gets lost in the shuffle once again. Layla would have benefit from this Trade, so would have Katie Lea. On Paper Smackdown does have the stronger talent group, but in the past we’ve seen on Paper just doesn’t cut it, Smackdown has been successful with only Maryse, Michelle, Eve & Alicia on the roster (notice 3 of them are now on Raw) while Raw was less successful with Layla, Beth, Mickie, Melina, Jillian & Kelly (notice 3 of them are now on Smackdown) . So let’s not judge until the ball starts rolling.

But in the end we all win, since Rosa Mendes is not nor on SD or on Raw, she’s on ECW were women wrestle once every 4 months, which is a blessing for us.

Well this is my first blog and hope to write a few more. It will always be about women’s wrestling though and my thoughts on the state of women’s wrestling. Hope to write some more on a regular basis. I’m going to try to keep them as less biased as possible but can’t guarantee. Hope you enjoyed it and take care. I do not aprove of bashing or personal attacks, this is just a blog, i've never been biased before, not that i could recall and i've always kept a clear vision of my opinions. If you think i'm being biased, just say so, but don't get personal for no needed reason.

For any questions or any things you’d like to see me discuss contact me at:
Kiwi_kevin88@hotmail.com (put in title DivaLowdown)
or on Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/kiwikevin88
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Diva Lowdown: Who got the better end of the Deal? The Divas Draft :: Comments

lol at Layla being dubbed "less famous" then Alicia.

i do agree on everything else though. SD does look stronger on paper. but so did Mickie/Gail, which was very bad for the most part *mostly just a one off tho*
LL "THE GREAT" wrote:

It is true, she was basicly Regal's arm Candy doing nothing....now that Regal is actually doing something....she's gone...hhmm.
i dont see that as being less famous. even though Layla was doing "Nothing" she was still on the bigger show with the bigger star, where as Alicia was just on the C show with a C rated wwe star *in wwe eyes*. I reckon if you asked someone who they recognised more, most would say Layla, but thats just what i think.

i got well ass confused when she just debuted on SD as a heel lol!

i dont know if youve read the possible spoilers in the diva section. But according to sources Vince is actually high on Jillian, so hopefully Jillians jobbing days for now are over Diva Lowdown: Who got the better end of the Deal? The Divas Draft Icon_cheers
Haven't read them, but remember things change every day...so it is not set in stone.
lol yh
Good Blog Kev. I do agree on what you said about Michelle. Its sad she is getting EVERYTHING handed to her like she is. She just needs to drop the belt and step down. She hasnt done anything with that belt. Time to give it to Beth or Nattie.
KiwiKevin wrote:
LL "THE GREAT" wrote:

It is true, she was basicly Regal's arm Candy doing nothing....now that Regal is actually doing something....she's gone...hhmm.

yeah...she liked the power of the punch
The Sexy Vixen
Nice work, Kev. You're a natural with these editorials. You should write for a sports mag or website.

I agree that Michelle has been overused, but I'm slowly starting to like her.

Rosa on ECW is perfect for her but I feel bad for Katie having to work with her. lol
You guys can whine about McCool all you want, but shes been one of the most consistent divas in the ring as of late.
UltimateOpportunist wrote:
You guys can whine about McCool all you want, but shes been one of the most consistent divas in the ring as of late.

Because she has consistantly been used, don't get me wrong, the girl is a great athlete, but i do think someone else deserves their chance in the spotlight. It's been almost 3 years that Michelle has been a constant main focus in SD's women's division. So many women has been moved around from roster to roster yet the girl still remains. And it's that reason why she will never become great, staying on SD is hurting her capability IMO, at least all sorts of fans have seen the other girls....the only fans who have constantly seen Michelle is those of SD, which is why her PPV matches will continue to be ignored, because Raw always gets 60% of the entire roster, raw is the most familiar brand and SD's only important match..is usually the World Title match, nothing else.

Michelle needs to step down and let someone else take the spotlight. Michelle is basicly cousing the same problem Trish caused the division, which is being the main focus. Diffrence is, with Michelle gone, people will actuall benefit from a move like that unlike Michelle. No one is wining about Michelle....everyone is just tired of her being the main focus since her return from her injury. And the fact that she has been the main focus doesn't prove she is great, doesn't prove she is the best diva search contestant turn into wrestle..she's just proving she is doing a damn good job of banging taker and it's the reason she is there. Because their hasn't been a diva used as much as Trish and Trish didn't have to try so hard to get over. Michelle was dead boring until.....well...she still is.
UltimateOpportunist wrote:

You know, that is such a mark thing to say also, you could have at least have the decentcy to say "Yeah, maybe she has been pushed to much, but i like her, so it doesn't bother me". It's funny you came up with the whole "Let's make the internet world a better place", yet your first respond to everyones opinions (which btw, their hasn't been any real attacks towards the post as yet). yet yours feels like a Sarcastic jab at everyones opinion.

Way to go it's all about "Making the internet world a better place" until someone says somehting about Michelle, then your the first to take a shot.
Michelle getting more support<3 YAY!

I'll post my thoughts eventually, long article and im sure it'll be fun to read
Blue Campbell wrote:

I'll post my thoughts eventually, long article and im sure it'll be fun to read

shrug

Sorry if it was long and has big words in it Blue......it wasn meant for a general audience, hope you make it through
^ i wouldnt bother when blue says he will post his response later, he never does. i dont know why he bothers saying he will. hes jsut damned lazy lol!
Trust me......not holding my breath. It took him a month to post "Blue's new groove"..after he said he will post it "Later today".....so it's nothing new shifty
Hey it took him 2 month to make me mod, when he said he would do it. and nearlly a day to make me admin when i accepted the offer straight away.

I guess waiting for blue. is like waiting for a pizza, when it finally arrives the result is less then stellar
insult me as u wish bastards Crying or Very sad
Blue Campbell wrote:
u wish bastards Crying or Very sad

Did he just??? Oh no he didn't EXCUSE ME!!!!!

*Goes all sharmell on blue*
now can you digg that a SUCKAAAAAAAAAA
LL "THE GREAT" wrote:
Hey it took him 2 month to make me mod, when he said he would do it. and nearlly a day to make me admin when i accepted the offer straight away.

I guess waiting for blue. is like waiting for a pizza, when it finally arrives the result is less then stellar

Dont ruin pizza for me
LMAO OMG I love Sharmell<333
Blue Campbell wrote:
LMAO OMG I love Sharmell<333

Ugh in that case i'll go all Kelly kelly on you...K1, K2,....K-Pow!!!
sorry mini D
and trust blue to totally brush off the implement of Kevin with the "OMG I LOVE SHARMELL" lol!
HAHA He fucking ruined it by adding Kelly Whore into it ugh

Diva Lowdown: Who got the better end of the Deal? The Divas Draft

Page 1 of 1