Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People claim they're wrestling fans.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe-
Opener
Joe-

Male
Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-12-12

People claim they're wrestling fans. Empty
PostPeople claim they're wrestling fans.

when there not, Example being people that know nothing about wrestling before 2000.

Anyone know anything about AWA? Prob not. but I do, and I'm proud to say that I'm a wrestling fan.

People who watch WWE like it's the best, just make me mad, you know? I mean, WWE is entertainment not wrestling. half the show is just a soap operah.

Last edited by Joe- on Fri 18 Dec 2009, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

People claim they're wrestling fans. :: Comments

Jordan H.
Re: People claim they're wrestling fans.
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 5:45 pm by Jordan H.
I understand where you're coming from, my friend.

It gets frustrating
Did You Miss Her?
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 5:50 pm by Did You Miss Her?
thats an ignorant thing to say.
Joe-
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 5:53 pm by Joe-
No, it's not. not at all.
Did You Miss Her?
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 5:56 pm by Did You Miss Her?
yeah it is, to seat here and claim that someone's not a wrestling fan because they haven't been watching it as long as you have is ignorant as hell, who the fuck are you to decide who's a fan and who's not?
Jordan H.
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 6:00 pm by Jordan H.
What he's saying Tank, is that there are more marks than wrestling fans nowadays, not just on this site but in general. I dont blame him. I went to a live WWE event a couple of months ago and got a full exposure of nothing but little kids as fellow spectators. It was embarassing. It doesnt help either that the no 1 company in the world is a steaming pile of shit that focuses on entertainment instead of wrestling. TNA is no better. For fans of the sport of it, we have to go outside of those two (even outside of the country) to find better products. That is not fair to us because mainstreamers get in it and think they know it all by knowing Randy Orton uses the RKO as a finisher and the WWE Title 'is the most prestigious belt in ALL of 'sports-entertainment' (thinking about it, thats right....in SPORTS-ENTERTAINMENT).

It's not fair for someone who is well-knowledged in the business and history to have to succumb to that. The real fans are the core audience at the end of the day not mainstreamers who will lose dedication to it over time because the spell of sports-entertainment wears off of them.
Joe-
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 6:12 pm by Joe-
Joe-
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 6:13 pm by Joe-
Now, That's wrestling.
Venom
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 6:22 pm by Venom
I'm sorry, it's hard to take you seriously when the title of this alone is grammatically incorrect.
Venom
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 6:26 pm by Venom
...That's better. I really don't think it's right to judge someone based on how long they've been interested. It shouldn't matter as long as the passion's there.
Joe-
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 7:00 pm by Joe-
That's not the point, I've only watched wrestling since 2003, yet I know everingthing about wrestling from 1984 and on.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 7:20 pm by The Sexy Vixen
I'm with Tank. that is a very ignorant and insulting thing to say to someone. So what if they dont know all the wrestling history from the 80s 90s and so on. It doesnt make people any less of a fan. I hate people who believe what Joe said.

"oh you only watch WWE so you arent a REAL fan" That is total condscending bullshit. Not everyone in the god damn world needs to watch wrestling in it's heyday nor do they need to watch all the indies/international stuff just to be considered a "fan".

If someone only watches WWE then they are just as much a wrestling fan as someone who watches indies and everything in between.
Venom
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 7:21 pm by Venom
So you decided to do some extra research, no one's expected to know everything.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 7:23 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Vee//Venom wrote:
So you decided to do some extra research, no one's expected to know everything.

exactly

just because you know so much extra knowledge, Joe..doesnt make you more of a fan than someone who has only been watching since like 2005
Venom
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 7:27 pm by Venom
Jordan Harvey Version 1.0 wrote:
I went to a live WWE event a couple of months ago and got a full exposure of nothing but little kids as fellow spectators. It was embarassing. It doesnt help either that the no 1 company in the world is a steaming pile of shit that focuses on entertainment instead of wrestling.

The younger fans are the future of the company. When I went to a live event I actually enjoyed being around them. They weren't there to boo and complain, they were actually interested and excited just to see a match up close.
Joe-
Post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 9:46 pm by Joe-
Watch this, and tell me you like John Cena....

The Sexy Vixen
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 1:44 am by The Sexy Vixen
I never did like John Cena except durin ghis heel days.

and those videos you posted dont interest me in the least. dunno
Joe-
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 1:56 am by Joe-
Then wrestling must not interest you in the least.
Joe-
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 1:58 am by Joe-
Also, look at these.

https://divas-knockouts.aforumfree.com/general-wrestling-f6/watch-these-t14657.htm#124792
Venom
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 1:59 am by Venom
Dude, she doesn't have to like what you're trying to show her.
Joe-
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:00 am by Joe-
I never said she did.
Blue Ryder
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:05 am by Blue Ryder
LMAO Chillz out Joe... I appreciate you trying to get folks to branch out but some are not interested at this time. If you can find some Shimmer videos however :ooh la la:
Venom
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:11 am by Venom
Joe- wrote:
Then wrestling must not interest you in the least.

-cough- Then what's that?
Jordan H.
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:12 am by Jordan H.
Joe, I know what you are saying and I definitely respect it because I know where you're coming from. Unfortunately, you happened upon the site that doesnt give a damn about professional wrestling, just sports-entertainment (especially the Divas/KO's, and yes it's a major difference between wrestling and sports-entertainment).

And Venom, you're right about them being the future of WWE...and that's because the WWE will fall eventually. It's only a matter of time. When you build your promotion around all EXCEPT wrestling, you're destined to fail...some quicker (WSX) than others (WCW).
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:13 am by The Sexy Vixen
Joe, not every fan has to like what you like, geez.

I dont care for that videos you are posting. It doesnt make me any less of a fan, whether you think it or not.

if you are so obsessed...yes OBSESSED...with people who have the same interest than you, then you shouldnt have come back here. You should move on to an indy forum.

Stop trying to force shit on people. That's the #1 way to turn people away from something.
Jordan H.
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:17 am by Jordan H.
Vix, they wouldnt turn on to ANYWAY and you know it LMAO.

Leave the man alone, I got him
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:20 am by Guest
Joe, you ignorant fuck.

Just because someone doesn't like the indies or anything doesn't make them "not a wrestling fan," stop contradicting yourself left and right.. they like what they like.

If you're a fan, and you only watch WWE, and your favorite fucking wrestler is John Cena, then so be it. That definitely doesn't make them "not a wrestling fan,".. they could be just a casual fan, but that doesn't make them not a fan at all.

Wrestling interests them, just because someone isn't interested in the wrestling you are, doesn't mean they aren't a goddamned wrestling fan. If they want to like what kind've wrestling they like, then leave them the fuck alone, you jackass.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:27 am by The Sexy Vixen
Jordan Harvey Version 1.0 wrote:
Vix, they wouldnt turn on to ANYWAY and you know it LMAO.

Leave the man alone, I got him

lol that's what you think.

i never once thought i'd watch indies but Kev and Dead's ravings about SHIMMER and ROH got me interested. so now I buy SHIMMER dvds just as soon as i have extra money for them. I check out ROH often as well.

but that doesnt make me more of a fan than someone who only watches WWE/TNA.

people like whatever type of wrestling appeals to them. in the end we're all fans.
Jordan H.
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:29 am by Jordan H.
I'm contemplating starting a blog thread about how much the Divas and the WWE in general sucks, and see how much shit I get for it LMFAO
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:31 am by Guest
Exactly, Vix.. if someone watches ROH and all that other indy stuff, while another person only watches WWE.. [and they could be the biggest 11 year old fan too] they're both wrestling fans. Sure, one might know more about the company than others, but overall, they're both still wrestling fans.

And nothing you do or say can change that.

Jordan.. we're not saying the WWE is great here, either, but if you only watch WWE, and it's your favorite promotion, that doesn't make you less of a fan.
Blue Ryder
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:40 am by Blue Ryder
REFRAIN FROM NAME CALLING PLEASE Argh

There is a mature way to debate hmmm k?
Dead
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 3:37 am by Dead
i know what he saying. hes saying ppl bash ppl theyve never watched, so really...how fair is it to bash something if you dont give it a chance?
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 3:40 am by The Sexy Vixen
Dead, it also isnt fair to say certain people arent real wrestling fans because they only care for WWE or TNA.

no matter what company people watch and enjoy, in the end everyone is a fan.
Dead
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 3:41 am by Dead
but how fair is it to attack a fan that watches ROH and attacks that product without seeing it? it works both ways really
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 3:44 am by The Sexy Vixen
Chuck Norris wrote:
but how fair is it to attack a fan that watches ROH and attacks that product without seeing it? it works both ways really

of course. that is unfair. You shouldnt bash something until you try it atleast.

but also Joe...or anyone...cant come in here saying "you dont watch New Japan or the indies so you arent a real wrestling fan."

that's an unfair statement.
Blue Ryder
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 4:08 am by Blue Ryder
Its unfair calling folks a fan because we just dont give a shit for the indies. There I said it, I do love Shimmer though<3
The LL Father
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 3:35 pm by The LL Father
i really cant think of anyone who "bashes" the indy scene, where are you getting this tosh from D, as far as ive scene the only ppl who have said anything negative about them, on this forum at least are MVPGFX and Srcy, and whos to say they havent watched it before, maybe they have, and maybe they didnt care for it.
if they havent watched it, and are just bashing it that is certainly unfair though, i agree on that.
and Joe, just because Vix isnt interested in Japanese wrestlers pulling off lightening fast moves and reversals, dont means that she isnt a wrestling fan, Wrestling has been considered Sports ENTERTAINMENT for decades now, some ppl find Indy/International stuff entertaining, some find WWE and TNA entertaining, either way, if someone watches any form of wrestling, and enjoys it, that makes them a fan.
I for example watch WWE and TNA when i can be bothered, i dont watch Indy, i prollly never will, but i certainly dont bash it, cos i knows its wrong to bash it, cos i havent tried it, and tbh i dont want to, because ive been a fan of WWE for over a decade now, and ive become acustom to it, and im not the biggest believer in "change being good". And just because i watch WWE and TNA only dont make me a non fan, like i said, its sports entertainment, and although most aspects of WWE and TNA are shit to others, and i too find it to be redick, i still enjoy most of the product

People claim they're wrestling fans.

Page 1 of 1