Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Attitude Era Divas Division

Go down 
+2
Dead
#WeWantTaryn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

The Attitude Era Divas Division  Empty
PostSubject: The Attitude Era Divas Division    The Attitude Era Divas Division  EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm

I really Don't Understand why so many people miss this time of the women's Division.Maybe it was more of the T&A but the wrestling back then was pretty bad you Had Sable,The Kat and Debra(Who I Never Seen Wrestle) all women's champion the divas at the time would wear high heels when there wrestling mostly (The Kat And Terri) they would compete in some of the most ridiculous matches ever such as the snow bunny lumber Jill match,that dumb match with Terri and Kat at WM.Don't Get Me Wrong I love to see some T&A but when the T&A is The Division then that's where it all goes downhill we did have some good wrestlers such as luna,Ivory,Jackie and Tori to help out and make the other girls look good.And lets not forget when Harvey won the women's title.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: The Attitude Era Divas Division    The Attitude Era Divas Division  EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 4:53 pm

Harvey Whippleman winning the Women's title wasnt in the Attitude Era
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: The Attitude Era Divas Division    The Attitude Era Divas Division  EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 5:23 pm

There's really no time frame of when the attitude era started and finished.Everyone is gonna have there own saying on when it ended.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: The Attitude Era Divas Division    The Attitude Era Divas Division  EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 5:29 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attitude_Era

^ right there.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: The Attitude Era Divas Division    The Attitude Era Divas Division  EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 7:06 pm

He won it in 2000 that thing said it ended in 2000
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: The Attitude Era Divas Division    The Attitude Era Divas Division  EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 7:27 pm

I agree that the wrestling was pretty bad.

Ivory, Jacqueline, and Luna were good but for the most part people like Sable, Debra, and Miss Kitty had the spotlight.

I know Sable's was a pretty bad champion but I loved how she was a major bitch and had that man Nicole Bass attack everyone so she could stay champion. :p
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The Attitude Era Divas Division    The Attitude Era Divas Division  EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 9:06 pm

I sorta agree...

I remember when Eric did the whole history of raw/sd videos posts

and I think it was good old blue that commented on the videos from 99/00 saying how 'this was when womens wrestling was awesome/ (paraphrasing of course)

But still I dont see how back then it was !!!

people bitch about divas having no time now...yet back then you had a hardcore match between Ivory and Jackie two of the best women wrestlers we are aware of, yet that match was no longer than 3 minutes....nothing to really cream about
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Attitude Era Divas Division    The Attitude Era Divas Division  EmptySat 13 Jul 2013, 2:16 am

Each of those divas had more charisma in one of their finger than any diva on the roster now, san AJ.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: The Attitude Era Divas Division    The Attitude Era Divas Division  EmptySat 13 Jul 2013, 6:59 pm

The Attitude Era was awful for the women. Attitude Era officially began at WrestleMania 14 and ended at WrestleMania X-Seven. 1998-2001 people. Those were the days of Sable, Debra, Miss Kitty, Terri etc. The evening gown matches were created to help protect Sable in the ring since it was written into her contract she wasn't allowed to bump. Thus these 'catfights' had to be restricted to 2-3 minutes to be believable. Only problem was when the actual wrestlers like Ivory, Jacqueline and Luna got to wrestle, they got that same amount of time as well. Watch any match from that era and you'll see they've got no idea how to properly utilise that time. The Women's title was also defended in evening gown matches, bra and panties matches, slop matches and beauty contests. In 1999 a Women's title match was only on five PPVs. And one of them was an Evening Gown in a pool match. Also in 2000 the title was not defended at WrestleMania in favour of a catfight between The Kat and Terri. Ditto for SummerSlam. The division started being taken semi-seriously towards the end of the year but we still got a pathetic 3-minute title match at Armageddon.

It's people just thinking Attitude Era as "back when I watched wrestling". If you want to get technical, Ruthless Aggression Era is the one where the division was at its peak. Survivor Series 2001-WrestleMania 21. Though the division was also in quite a good state from 2008-2009, 2010 wasn't bad either
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Attitude Era Divas Division    The Attitude Era Divas Division  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Attitude Era Divas Division
Page 1 of 1