Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hailey's Newsies - Issue 63 - January 1st 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric
Hall Of Famer
Eric

Male
Number of posts : 6318
Favorite WWE Diva : Top 5
(Including NXT)
#1 - Nikki Bella
#2 - Charlotte
#3 - Summer Rae
#4 - Eva Marie
#5 - Alicia Fox
Favorite TNA Knockout : Top 5
#1 - Brooke
#2 - Taryn Terrell
#3 - Angelina Love
#4 - Brittany
#5 - Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Hailey's Newsies - Issue 63 - January 1st 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Hailey's Newsies - Issue 63 - January 1st 2010   Hailey's Newsies - Issue 63 - January 1st 2010 EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 6:04 pm

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!
Hailey's Newsies - Issue 63 - January 1st 2010 393305

Well I finally decided to bring Newsies back!
Probably every Fridays or something.

Youtube's Favorite TNA Knockout Finals
One more Knockout gets eliminated.
The final 3 are revealed!
You get one vote only!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YLg9Hns3ng

21. Jenna Morasca
20. Traci Brooks
19. Raisha Saeed
18. Sharmell
17. Awesome Kong
16. SoCal Val
15. Madison Rayne
14. Lauren Brooke
13. Angelina Love [Released]
12. Hamada
11. ODB
10. Rhaka Khan
9. Daffney
8. Alissa Flash
7. Lacey Von Erich
6. Sarita
5. Taylor Wilde

4. ???

Can Big Show Remain Relevant?

The split between Chris Jericho and the Big Show is coming. Can the Big Show remain relevant after he goes back to being a singles star?

Can Big Show Remain Relevant?
When you stand close to 7 feet tall and weigh approximately 500 pounds, it's extremely difficult to not be noticed.

However, that was what the Big Show was doing prior to being revealed as Chris Jericho's mystery partner to replace Edge.

When Big Show made his return to WWE in February of 2008, he was relevant. The fans noticed him because he came in and started a program with boxer Floyd Mayweather. That big money match at Wrestlemania gave him all the spotlight that he needed.

Things started going down hill after that.
The company tried to build him back up after his loss to Floyd Mayweather by having him go over the Great Khali in a short program. That feud drew more yawns than anything else (their real life feud has been much more entertaining).
WWE kept the Big Show in the main event picture by having him go after the ECW, World, and WWE titles throughout the next few months, but the fans clearly were not connecting with him. A trade to Raw didn't do much to generate excitement from the audience either.

At Night of Champions this year, Big Show became relevant once again when he was revealed to be the new tag team partner for Chris Jericho, who was performing at such a ridiculously amazing level at the time.

All Good Things

"All good things must come to an end."
That old saying is definitely true for this situation. There was no way that WWE was going to keep Chris jericho involved in a tag team for the rest of his career. He deserves to be back in the singles division where he belongs.

We all know that Chris Jericho is going to be fine.
However, can the Big Show remain relevant after the split? Or will he fade back to obscurity once again despite being placed in high profile programs?

In order for Big Show to remain relevant, management has to take careful steps when deciding who to pair him up against and the storyline that goes with it.

For instance, Evan Bourne is far from being a main event wrestler. However, a feud between the high flyer and the Big Show could work if WWE writes a pretty compelling "David vs Goliath" storyline to complement the match.

A babyface turn might be a good thing for Big Show soon.
They can have him challenge the Miz, who is generating really good heel heat right now, for the US title. WWE can also give Sheamus an opponent to go over to help build his credibility as heavyweight champion.

WWE can also pair up Big Show with one of the many singles wrestler on the Raw roster that isn't doing anything at the moment. The storyline there could be that he wants to prove that Chris Jericho wasn't the reason why the team did well.
Obviously, programs with John Cena, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels should be avoided for the time being.

WWE vs TNA
Christmas is upon us, but wrestling fans will get to open their biggest present on January 4, 2010. Inside the box is something that will make wrestling entertaining again.

WWE vs TNA
May 10, 2002 is a day that will live forever in professional wrestling history.
That is the date when TNA was born.

On that day, wrestling fans basically broke into two categories. One category wanted to see professional wrestling doing well, while the other category was hoping to see things remain stagnant.

Almost immediately, wrestling fans pitted TNA against WWE.

Against Pro Wrestling
Those that did not want to see professional wrestling reach another boom period were the ones that immediately rooted against TNA to do well. Some did so out of their ridiculous blind loyalty towards WWE.

These fans were unaware that without having any competition, Vince McMahon becomes the guy that just lays back and goes through the motion. He becomes a marketing monster when he knows that there is an opponent across the ring from him.

When WCW died, the marketing genius within Vince McMahon died as well.
While he might never admit it, there's a small part of Vince McMahon that looked at May 10, 2002 and hoped that TNA would grow to become competition for him. Then, TNA would become the company that he becomes motivated to destroy.
When Vince McMahon is in that mode, then all of professional wrestling wins.

For Pro Wrestling
Wrestling fans that yearned to see another golden era in the business kept an eye on TNA and waited patiently in hopes that they became major players in the game.
These are the ones that debated on various message boards against the fans who were constantly predicting the demise date of TNA. By the way, after 7 years straight of being, you would figure that some people would be smart enough to realize their mistake.

For years, this group of fans have been patiently waiting for TNA to pick up steam. There's been trials and tribulations along the way, but TNA has finally gotten themselves to the point where they have WWE's attention.

With that happening, professional wrestling is about to get that much more entertaining.

It's Here
Browse around the various message boards online, and you're going to find quite a bit of people that are still in denial about the situation.

They bring up ratings as if it is going to be the thing that ends the war three hours after the January 4, 2010 episode of TNA iMPACT! begins. They trash all of the rumored wrestlers (probably about a dozen wrestlers have been rumored) that may show up that night in TNA.

They want to end the war before it begins.
Well, guess what. If you find yourself talking about TNA more often than usual, then the war has already begun. We're still a few days away from January 4, 2010, but that isn't the start date. The start date was when the internet wrestling community starting focusing on that day.

The war is here.

The MVP Mystery
For a while now, wrestling fans have been wondering why MVP was never allowed to make it into the main event scene. The mystery might have just been solved.

The MVP Mystery
Unique character? Check.
Solid in-ring skills? Check.
Great mic skills? Check.
Connected with audience? Check.
Paid his dues? Check.

If you go through a checklist of what it takes to become a main event wrestler in WWE, then MVP should definitely be one of the guys that are standing at the front of the line.

MVP's cocky athlete character is far from being generic. The guy has shown the ability to work matches well. He also is one of the better mic workers in the company. The audience loves him and reacts to him.

The proper intangibles are there.
MVP also connects with the audience. He knows how to work the crowd. Whether he's a heel or a babyface, MVP has been able to get a reaction from the audience. It's hard to argue that he has connected with the fans.

Unfortunately for MVP, whose real name is Alvin Burke, he has yet to connect with the people that matter. He has yet to connect with the right people in WWE management.
That's right. MVP's inability to get into the main event scene is because of what goes on backstage instead of what goes on in the arena.

Backstage Standings
MVP has some marks backstage against him.

First of all, there's some heat on him from people backstage because of his close relationship with Smackdown head writer Michael Hayes, who was once suspended by the company for using a racial slur against Mark Henry, who also happens to be MVP's current tag team partner.

The heat on MVP at the time was because the feeling was that he simply did not do his part to discourage Michael Hayes from using the racial terms. It's been said that MVP and Michael Hayes have used the derogatory term in a joking manner on several occasions.

The other mark against MVP is his use of marijuana.
The 36 year old Florida native is one of the handful of wrestlers that have been fined for having marijuana in their system. In fact, MVP has openly admitted to using the drug.

Marijuana is not one of the drugs that counts as a strike against the WWE Wellness Program. However, the company has been cracking down on it more than usual. WWE recently raised the fine for marijuana use from $1,000 per infraction to $2,500.
A couple of wrestlers have had their pushes halted because of marijuana use (former WWE star Brian Kendrick was strongly rumored to have been one of these wrestlers).
It's pretty evident to any wrestling fan who pays close attention to how wrestlers are used that MVP is not getting pushed. He was placed into a tag team with Mark Henry as a way for the company to keep them on television without actually having to come up with a storyline for them.

New Bret Hart Shirt
With the legendary Bret Hart coming back, WWE produced a brand new shirt for him.

http://www.wweshop.com/item/bret-hart-skull-with-wings-t-shirt/TopRated/01-07729

Taz Explains WWE Departure More
Former ECW Heavyweight Champion Taz shed some more light on his departure from WWE. Here is the latest that he had to say on the issue.

Quote:

In WWE, just like in TNA, you always have somebody in your ear. Everyone has to be produced. That's the way it goes. I have the executive producer counting us. In WWE it was Kevin Dunn. Now in TNA it's Keith Mitchell. And we get counted in and out of breaks, and when a video package is going to fly up on the screen and what not. You've got to be directed. That's just TV production. At times Vince McMahon, sure, he would get a little active in people's headsets. But it was a little overblown the way people talked about it. Listen, Vince McMahon was in my headset, just like he was in every announcer's in WWE, and he still is, for – I don't know. I was an announcer in WWE, I don't know, seven years, eight years, whatever the heck it was. He was always in my ear. And all of a sudden I had this epiphany to leave WWE because Vince was in my ear? Fine. Great. No, there was a lot of reasons I left the company. Being over-produced was one of them. Yes, it was one of them. But not the main one. My schedule is a lot easier. I'm home with my family a little bit more. I'm not flying all over the world any more for TV's. I'm mainly going to one place. I like that. I like the environment I work in. It's a relaxed environment where you've got to do your best. And you're a performer. You're not micro-managed, and I'm a fan of that. So I like being part of something that's on the upswing, that's trying to climb that mountain. It's always a struggle. I like that. I remember that from the original ECW days. I'm a fan of that.

Source: WrestlingRevealed
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Hailey's Newsies - Issue 63 - January 1st 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies - Issue 63 - January 1st 2010   Hailey's Newsies - Issue 63 - January 1st 2010 EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 6:52 pm

I cant wait till Big Show retires
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Hailey's Newsies - Issue 63 - January 1st 2010
Page 1 of 1