Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!

Go down 
+4
X
KTV-Time
Shimmer Mark
King Silva
8 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! Empty
PostSubject: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptyFri 22 Oct 2010, 6:59 am

He just can't leave Taylor Swift alone although I do agree that she so did not deserve to win Album of the Year this past Feb. And the other 2/4 I will agree with too but hell to the no for Dixie Chicks in 2007! Rolling Eyes I loved their album. 'Not Ready To Make Nice' is like one of my favorite songs ever! yay They probably didn't need that win since they got 4 others that year but don't hate Kanye because your arrogant ass can't win crap..

Here is the article with a video in the link:

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/10/21/kanye-west-grammys-taylor-swift/

kanye-west-AccessKanye West has strong opinions about awards shows. Anyone who has forgotten this salient fact can find a reminder in West’s latest explosive interview with Access Hollywood. The rap superstar spoke out against what he sees as undeserving recent winners of the Grammy Award for Album of the Year…including, you guessed it, Taylor Swift. Oh dear. Here we go again!

“Where’s our instant replay clock?” West asked, according to Access Hollywood. “Why are the last four Albums of the Year: Taylor Swift, Dixie Chicks, Ray Charles and Herbie Hancock? Like, you know, with all due respect… that’s inaccurate.” (Speaking of inaccuracies, he forgot to mention Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, who won in 2009. Maybe he’s a fan.)

Instead, West suggested a few albums he’d rather have seen win. “It’s like ‘SexyBack’ — you know what I’m saying? Like [Justin Timberlake's] FutureSex/LoveSounds, Gnarls Barkley. How about Usher — Confessions? How about albums that sold 10 million?”

Lest you misunderstand the motivations behind these words, West clarified the larger social significance involved: “I pinpoint the Grammys and the VMAs because they have to take responsibility, because they mean something to us. Little kids, 6 years [old], that are singing in front of the mirror. They’re also thinking about their Grammy speech; they’re thinking about when there will be a VMA so these people, whoever run them… they have to take some responsibility to say what really happened in culture this year because we’re marking it down.”

What do you think? Is West right about those Grammy winners? Did Justin Timberlake deserve to win over Dixie Chicks, or Usher over Ray Charles? Check out the the Access Hollywood clip after the jump and sound off in the comments.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what are your thoughts?

Who would you have had won the Album of the year for the years he was referencing?

Nominees for the years he was referring to with the winners in yellow are as followed:

2005:
American Idiot performed by Green Day
The Diary of Alicia Keys performed by Alicia Keys
Genius Loves Company performed by Ray Charles and Various Artists
Confessions performed by Usher
The College Dropout performed by Kanye West

2007:
St. Elsewhere performed by Gnarls Barkley
Taking the Long Way performed by Dixie Chicks
Continuum performed by John Mayer
Stadium Arcadium performed by Red Hot Chili Peppers
FutureSex/LoveSounds performed by Justin Timberlake

2008:
Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace performed by Foo Fighters
River: The Joni Letters performed by Herbie Hancock
These Days performed by Vince Gill
Graduation performed by Kanye West
Back to Black performed by Amy Winehouse

2010:
The Fame performed by Lady Gaga
Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King performed by the Dave Matthews Band
The E.N.D. performed by The Black Eyed Peas
I Am... Sasha Fierce performed by Beyoncé
Fearless performed by Taylor Swift
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptyFri 22 Oct 2010, 8:45 am

Kanye West is a great big A$$HOLE! I wish he would fall off the face of the earth.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 1:52 am

^ LOL

I know he is an asshole.

But he has had some songs I like although his recent stuff is shit if you ask me..
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 6:40 am

King Silva wrote:
^ LOL

I know he is an asshole.

But he has had some songs I like although his recent stuff is shit if you ask me..

There is no buts, he has good music but it doesn't change the fact that he is an asshole.

Eventhough i like his songs i won't buy his shit because he's an asshole and i don't support assholes. Because he is not worth it.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 9:22 am

Doesn't he understand that a lot of people enjoy love songs? Seriously, at least Taylor is being original in her style, not "ghetto black guy number 500"...
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 8:46 pm

Kelly Kelly's Protégé wrote:
King Silva wrote:
^ LOL

I know he is an asshole.

There is no buts, he has good music but it doesn't change the fact that he is an asshole.

Eventhough i like his songs i won't buy his shit because he's an asshole and i don't support assholes. Because he is not worth it.

I know.

But I have never gave any money to him. I usually get my stuff from the library so I don't support an asshole I just get his good songs for free. yay
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 8:56 pm

I love Kanye West!!! He is AWESOME!!! I also agree he should be in the bible.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 10:00 pm

Well... at least he's honest. He makes himself look more and more like a prick each time he speaks. Regardless of your opinion, give these other folks at least.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 3:42 am

Whoa! Usher was FUCKING robbed for "Confessions" I love JT but I also loved The Dixie Chicks that year so no biggie, lol @ Kanye never winning best album, is that why he's so fucking pissy? lool

Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 3:56 am

At least the fucker's consistent but he REALLY wasn't flat-out attacking them, he was just saying in his view were inaccurate picks which he may or may not be right but it wasn't a full-blown assault.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 8:21 am

Blue Ryder wrote:
Whoa! Usher was FUCKING robbed for "Confessions" I love JT but I also loved The Dixie Chicks that year so no biggie, lol @ Kanye never winning best album, is that why he's so fucking pissy? lool

Sorry Usher wasn't robbed...if Ray didn't win.....either Alicia or Green Day deserved it....The Confessions Albums WASN"T THAT great tbh. Aside from the songs released it wasn't that good.

If he has such a HUGE problem with the Grammy's & VMA's he could always withdraw his name from ever being nominated....if not, he should just shut the fuck up and deal with it.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 9:08 am

^ LOL true but then he really wants to win that is why he gets so pissed when he loses.

It isn't like he hasn't won a Grammy he just loses the best one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!   Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kanye West Continues to Create Controversy! Disses Past Grammy Album of the Year Winners including Swift!
Page 1 of 1