Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More!

Go down 
+2
Chloe
King Silva
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More! Empty
PostSubject: Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More!   Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More! EmptyFri 11 Feb 2011, 6:38 pm

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/10/2061106/wwe-divas-champ-eve-torres-better.html

Eve Torres is enjoying her second run as World Wrestling Entertainment divas champion.

The 2007 WWE diva search winner won the gold from Maryse for the first time last year in London.However, Torres thinks her run means more this time around.

“It’s kind of like the first time you really don’t know how much it means to you, until you lose it,” Torres said shortly after speaking at the WrestleMania 28 press conference Wednesday, Feb. 9 at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.

“When it is the first time, you almost don’t know how to make the most out of it and to truly fight for it. I think any time you get the chance to represent the title and to earn the title, you learn how to represent it in the best way.

“You learn how to wear it with honor, fight for it with honor and really become the face of WWE for the divas. It’s an amazing opportunity. You have to be ready for those opportunities when they come. Otherwise what is the point of having those opportunities? I have mine and plan on making it last. I plan on getting the most out of it.”

Torres is grateful for the chances she has received to succeed and takes her current position atop the divas division seriously.

“We are all given opportunities,” Torres said.

“All of the divas are given opportunities. It’s kind of the way you go after them and what you do with them. I feel like I was able to cease the opportunity I was given, and now I am divas champion.

“You are representing the entire company. I think it shows the company has faith in you, and we have faith in ourselves.”

Before joining WWE, Torres attended the University of Southern California and was a member of the school’s Fly Girls dance squad. She also entertained basketball fans as a performer for the Los Angeles Clippers Spirit Dance Team.

After winning the diva search, Torres honed her skills at Ohio Valley Wrestling, WWE’s then developmental territory in Louisville. From the beginning, the diva was willing to learn and work hard. However, she realizes she wouldn’t be anywhere without the people who helped her along the way.

“You never get anywhere on your own, especially in this business,” Torres said.

“You really don’t know what to do with the opportunities you are given, until you have people guiding you. You can’t figure this stuff out on your own. I had so many people helping me and giving advice. You have to be willing to listen to the advice, which is the other part to it.”

Torres credits Natalya Neidhart as one of the divas who has helped her grow as an in-ring performer. Neidhart lost the divas championship to Torres when she pinned Layla in a fatal fourway last month at the Royal Rumble in Boston.

Neidhart and Torres will meet on WWE Raw 9 p.m. [EST] Monday, Feb. 14.

“When I wrestle her, she is such a strong competitor and such a strong wrestler,” Torres said.“

Just watching her has helped me tremendously. I’d say one of the divas I look up to the most and hope to wrestle someday is Beth Phoenix. She is someone who has worked hard for everything she has gotten. She is such a strong, beautiful, powerful woman. I think she represents the divas well.”

Torres’ background in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has helped her stand out among the other female athletes in WWE. She trains on her time off.

“Jiu-jitsu is something I absolutely love,” Torres said.

“I never planned on going into MMA or anything like that. I literally do it for fun and for my own self defense. I think it’s important for women to learn that. I think it’s very empowering and has helped with my confidence inside and outside the ring. I think that is why it’s so meaningful for me.”

The divas champion is looking to hold on to the gold when WrestleMania heads to Atlanta in April. At the same time, she knows nothing lasts forever.“

To me, every year has to be better, but you will never stay on top forever,” Torres said.

“There are times when I’m on top and times when I’m fighting to get back on top. Whatever it is, I want to make the most out of it. I hope to be on top again at next WrestleMania. I hope to still be on top at this WrestleMania.

“It’s a hard position whether you are defending or fighting for it. All that I want is that I’m representing the diva brand well, giving it all that I have. I am passionate about what I do, and I hope it comes across to the fans that way. I want people watching to enjoy the diva action, and I’m happy I can be a part of that.

”Fans can expect diva action next year when WrestleMania 28 heads to Miami. Torres is looking forward to the sun and the sand.

“It’s so much fun. When all the girls found out Mania was going to be in Miami, we all jumped up and down in the locker room,” Torres said.

“We were saying, ‘We are going to Miami’. It’s great because it’s such an awesome city. WrestleMania is really one of the only times we get to spend a lot of time in one place. We are doing activities with the surrounding city, local charities, local businesses and local schools. We always get involved with the city. We are there for an entire week, so we really get a chance to enjoy ourselves.”

During her appearance at the WreslteMania 28 press conference, Torres told the
crowd her divas title is actually heavier than the Miz’s WWE championship.

• To see WWE divas champ Eve during her appearance
at the WWE WrestleMania 28 press conference at the Fontainebleau Miami
Beach, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO36z_JAYp8 .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Chloe
Main Eventer
Chloe

Female
Number of posts : 587
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy Orton

The Hart Dynasty

Christian
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya

Beth Phoenix

Maryse

Aksana
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love

Daffney

Hamada
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More!   Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More! EmptyFri 11 Feb 2011, 6:57 pm

Beth vs Eve is a match I'd like to see. I think Eves at the stage in her career where she's really going to benefit working with the more experienced wrestlers. I'd like to see her work a few longer matches on Superstars as well.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More!   Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More! EmptyFri 11 Feb 2011, 7:01 pm

She seems nice in the interview. I still don't think she deserved another reign but clearly that's not her fault and I won't put the blame on her there, but I will put the blame on her not giving it her all when she gets in that ring. I don't want to see the same predictable stuff, if she steps it up she may earn my respect. She talks about all this passion, show it. What else can you bring to the table?

I think her match with Natalya on Raw won't be as bad because Natalya will help her, whether it's 2 minutes or 4 minutes, it should be a decent match.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More!   Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More! EmptyFri 11 Feb 2011, 11:55 pm

i enjoyed Eve/Natalya back in 2009 and when you add in all the experience Eve has gotten since then it could be pretty good. i'd like to see Eve vs Beth, the only interaction they've ever had is her getting Glam Slammed at Survivor Series last year.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More!   Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More! EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 1:56 am

it would be interesting to see her vs beth. cool interview.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More!   Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More! EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 5:15 am

^ Yeah I agree.

Eve vs Beth would probably be a lot like Eve/Natalya and their 2009 stuff was good imo.

That's when I really started to like Eve.

She is better now, although she's not my favorite, I still like her.
Back to top Go down
REIGNBOW
World Champion
World Champion
REIGNBOW

Female
Number of posts : 1692
Job/hobbies : Being the person you all love :)
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
dolph ziggler
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Favorite WWE Diva : paige
Layla El
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke Tessmacher
Rosita

Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More!   Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More! EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 5:46 am

I hate STeve and i always will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More!   Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More! Empty

Back to top Go down

Eve Torres Speaks on Winning Divas Championship, Wants to Wrestle Beth Phoenix, and More!
Page 1 of 1