Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?

Go down 
+8
nitro girl
bobby_says_hi
perceval
Dead
Shimmer Mark
Queen Mintz
Paul Wyatt
#WeWantTaryn
12 posters
AuthorMessage
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? Empty
PostSubject: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 3:06 pm

Do you think Cm Punk is the reason why we dont get short Diva Matches anymore and the divison is now getting back on track?
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 3:21 pm

The Divas matches are still pretty short, tbh.

The division won't do a 180, unless the girls really improve and/or there's someone who's brought in who has insane charisma.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 3:36 pm

I've seen some people say that he's the reason Beth is getting a push but I don't think he has anything to do with it. The divas matches are still pretty short but the division is heading in the right direction if they put the belt on Beth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 3:42 pm

I do think the division may be slowly turning around, but nothing is really going to happen until some women are released and some talent is hired. There is only so much that can be done with a girl that can only do a handspring back elbow into the corner.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 3:42 pm

I don't think she should get the belt. WWE has been notorious for giving the belt to the same chicks over and over, just like the guys. Granted, they don't do it as much now, but I think we could use a new champion who has her own identity - someone to separate herself from the usual Barbie, or monster heel. Someone unique!
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 3:47 pm

Shimmer Mark wrote:
I do think the division may be slowly turning around, but nothing is really going to happen until some women are released and some talent is hired. There is only so much that can be done with a girl that can only do a handspring back elbow into the corner.
I know right? I honestly didn't think Kelly would've kept the belt this long but she'll most likely lose at NOC.

Beth hasn't had the belt for awhile so she should get it. If they would use the SD girls more Beth could feud with AJ
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

I think the WWE has put themselves into an awkward situation. In my opinion the only women that are good enough to hold the belt are Beth, Natalya, and possibly Layla. Kelly is terrible, Eve is boring. Alicia might not be too bad. I would love to see AJ get the belt, but she is too new to the main roster. With Layla out injured, that leaves Beth and Natalya. Natalya's run was an awkward train wreck and people don't like Beth getting pushed again. That only leaves the women that can't wrestle.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

CM Punk isnt the reason, at all
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

Well, indirectly, as the Voice for the Voiceless, he is. He's brought attention to the lack of quality in the entire product, and made it a storyline. The Beth & Nattie thing has spun off out of that, at least with the fans, whether it was intended to or not. If the intent had just been Beth and Nattie as heels, the fans have turned it into something else, something more.

And the timing... We'll see where things are going if Beth gets the title shot at NoC. If so... Kelly defending against Beth at a PPV in Buffalo? Kelly would be facing a... less than friendly crowd, there. As in "If Kelly wins we riot" level unfriendly.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 9:20 pm

i think John Cena might have more to do with it. he actually posted the "Give WWE Divas A Chance" twitter petition on his account. i didn't see if Punk did that. when you have the top man of the company pushing for divas to get support, people are going to take notice

go back to 2003, the peak of the divas. their segments weren't that long either - around six to eight minutes usually. for a regular episode of Raw or Smackdown that is plenty of time to have a fleshed out match and proper story development. the time the divas have been getting lately is around six minutes, which is a lot more than they've been getting for a while.
Back to top Go down
nitro girl
Main Eventer
nitro girl

Female
Number of posts : 611
Favorite WWE Wrestler : chris jericho
Favorite WWE Diva : layla/ maryse/ rosa mendez
Favorite TNA Wrestler : sting
Favorite TNA Knockout : velvet sky
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 10:57 pm

cheer Thank You prcval 4 splanen y drizy think it punk cos i not no how it b him dunno i stil say let beth & natty has it & bring bak nitro girls dance get silly Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? 393305 i like wachen rosa, lisha fox & bela twins & sumrslam. if thay let the lalas get silly & the westlers westle it b betr sho
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 1:44 am

I sorta think he got Beth's push but if that is true then I am happy.

As for the diva matches getting more time I don't really think that is happening.

At least this week it seemed better but it it way too soon to say it is on the way up.

Hire some new women who can already wrestle well and have Beth win the Divas Title and keep the belt for a long time and I'll believe the division is on the way up.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 1:57 am

They just lost a wrestler (Gail) and FIRED...repeat FIRED two decent-ish wrestlers (melina and that sonia chick)

And Hired TE reject Arienne or whatever her name is,

The bring in people who can wrestle as managers (Natalya, Alicia Fox, Katie Lea) and bring in people who CAN'T wrestle as wrestlers (The Bella Twins, i think Rosa debuted as a wrestler as well).

The product is NOT changing, like every 2/3 years, they give us the illusion that it is, and then just go back to the style they actually want.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 3:30 am

nah man Rosa was brought in as a fan who suddenly started wrestling
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 4:34 am

Honestly, I think the reason Beth is getting a push is because there is no one else for Kelly to fued with. But the whole DOD storyline is influenced by CM Punk or Cena, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?   Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is cm punk the reason why the diva divison is back on track?
Page 1 of 1