Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages  Empty
PostSubject: Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages    Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages  EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 1:02 am

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_53002.shtml

TNA Impact Wrestling on Thursday, September 1 is confirmed for a 1.06 rating, with a first hour 1.03 rating and second hour 1.09 rating.

The first hour rating was the second-lowest of the year, trailing the June 9 episode's 1.01 first hour rating against the NBA Finals. This was highlighted by the second-lowest Q1 rating of the year for the weekly Immortal talking segment to open Impact.

Impact opened with a 1.01 rating, dipped to a show-low 0.99 rating in Q2, then fluctuated between a 1.02 and 1.14 rating the remainder of the show.

Impact peaked in Q5 to begin the second hour with Mickie James vs. Winter for the Knockouts Title, then returned to the same rating in Q8 to end the show with Kurt Angle vs. Sting for the TNA World Title.

Each quarter-hour was well-below its average on the year. Other than Q8 being six percent below its 2011 average, the range was 9-16 percent below the corresponding quarter-hour averages.

First Hour Break Down

Q1: Impact opened with a 1.01 rating for Immortal's Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, and Sting in the ring for a promo exchange, followed by a commercial break. (down 15.6% vs. 2011 average)

Q2: Impact dipped slightly to a show-low 0.99 rating for Rob Van Dam vs. Gunner in a BFG Series match, one commercial break, and the start of Bischoff's Knockouts segment. (down 15.3% vs. 2011 average)

Q3: Impact upticked to a 1.07 rating for Bischoff and Karen Jarrett's talking segment with the Knockouts, one commercial, and the first-half of an X Division tag match. (down 9.0% vs. 2011 average)

Q4: Impact dipped slightly to a 1.03 rating for the second-half of the tag match, and a full commercial break. (down 8.8% vs. 2011 average)

Second Hour Break Down

Q5: The second hour started with a show-high 1.14 rating for a video package hyping Jeff Hardy's return, Mickie James vs. Winter in Knockouts action, and one commercial break. Since the whole show was below the 2011 average, this segment didn't provide much of a boost comparable to the year. (down 9.1% vs. 2011 average)

Q6: Impact dropped to a 1.05 rating for Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan's brawling segment, various video packages and backstage segments, and two full commercial breaks. This was the only quarter-hour with two full breaks, which dragged down the quarter-hour. (down 11.4% vs. 2011 average)

Q7: Impact dipped slightly to a second-hour low 1.02 rating for Hogan backstage and the full A.J. Styles vs. Daniels match. (down 12.6% vs. 2011 average)

Q8: Impact continued the ups and down pattern by closing with a 1.14 rating, tied with Q5 for the highest of the show, for the Kurt Angle vs. Sting main event with Hogan as ringside enforcer. There was also one commercial. (down 5.6% vs. 2011 average)

----------------------------
What do you think of this?
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages    Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages  EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 5:05 am

As I said in the Nikki Bella Throws Another Fit thread (OK, it's not actually called that), the Knockouts always have the highest rated segments, week in and week out, and have for some time. Their biggest star isn't Hogan, Flair, Angle, Jeff Hardy, or Sting, but Mickie James.

Maybe knowing that is what is driving the TNA Champions to having substance issues. smile
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages    Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages  EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 5:08 am

my first thought on this was that....WTF I DONT UNDERSTAND

but i know that the KOs get the ratings...and it just goes to show that wrestling fans DO like womens wrestling...which is why i am supporting the sudden stuff happening with the divas. its helping to promote them better
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages    Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages  EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 6:03 am

Yeah the rating again show that the KOs deliver.

I'm happy for Mickie/Winter. smile
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages    Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages  EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 7:24 am

Im happy for the KOs in general
but i am fuming at Mickie James being the champ again
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages    Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages  EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 12:54 pm

I can't think of a time in the last 4-5 yrs where I've been more interested in what's going on with the Divas than the KOs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages    Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages  Empty

Back to top Go down

Quarter-hour ratings for Thursday's Impact, comparisons to 2011 averages
Page 1 of 1