Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Dead-View #1: Final Destination 5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

A Dead-View #1: Final Destination 5 Empty
PostA Dead-View #1: Final Destination 5

Well, i finally decided to sit my ass down and watch the latest Final Destination flick today, entitled "Final Destination 5", catchy title right? It doesnt disregard the fact the 4th one, which was titled "The Final Destination" was implying it would be the last in the series. But anyway, i digress:

Review:
Your typical "kid has a vision of seeing everyone die, 10 minutes later that vision comes true." Dont get me wrong, i love these movies, but this kinda has run its course after a while, mainly because if you havent seen the first 4....
Spoiler:
so yeah. The death scenes are freaking amazing and brutal, and are defintely up to par with the 4th film. They throw in this twist that, if you kill someone, you think that Death will skip over you, since you took the life of someone else, thus messing up Death's design. The characters in the movie are classic, theres the male lead with his girlfriend, the sports jock (whether it be a male or female, doesnt matter), the idiot of the group who thinks hes hot shit by trying to hit on all the chicks, the douchebag with his girlfriend who thinks its the male leads fault everyones dying, and the adult of the group.

The opening scene on the bridge, where it isnt as brutal as maybe say the 2nd movie where shit was blowing up and there was gore all over the place, it defintely served its purpose. The death by top of a sailboat was an extremely nice touch, mainly because that kind of death was never seen before in the franchise, it was always car crashes, shit with fire etc, knives and it got repetitive in the end.

I HATE the whole "cops dont know whats going on and dont believe the vision" stuff, especially if theyre following the other films. The 2nd and 3rd one in terms of the characters did as there were many references in newspapers, on tv, like in the 2nd one the road sign referenced the first film.

Tony Todd is back in this one, and while he isnt as creepy as he was in Final Destination 1 and 2, the creepy factor is still there, because he shows up after EVERY death and the kids really dont know why. They dont show him working on any bodies, but its still there.

In closing, this was a great film but i wanna just point out the BEST death scene EVER in the franchise. The secondary female lead, Candice, just snaps her back in half after landing on her stomach while falling from the bars in gymnastics. It was extremely brutal, and painful to see, i even cringed at it.

All in all, i give this 5 out of 5 skulls.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

A Dead-View #1: Final Destination 5 :: Comments

Paul Wyatt
Re: A Dead-View #1: Final Destination 5
Post Tue 13 Sep 2011, 5:27 pm by Paul Wyatt
Cool review.

Maybe I'll check it out one day. I've had enough after The Final Destination.

A Dead-View #1: Final Destination 5

Page 1 of 1