Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving? Empty
PostSubject: Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving?   Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 10:44 pm

Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving? Screen%20Shot%202012-06-22%20at%2012_31_09%20PM

http://www.goldderby.com/films/news/3027/academy-awards-oscars-film-news-1236780.html#

While there are those Oscar champs who get a warm reception, others leave people cold. Our forum posters have debated the least deserving Best Supporting Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Best Actress champs. Now they turn their attention to the worst of the Best Actor winners.

Below, just a sample of their thoughts. Join in with your opinion as to which winner was the biggest loser.

Miss Frost:
Jamie Foxx should give his Oscar to Leonardo DiCaprio.
Jeff Bridges should give his Oscar to any of the other four.
Kevin Spacey should give his Oscar to Denzel Washington or Russell Crowe.
Roberto Benigni needs to give his Oscar to any of the other four.
Paul Scofield should by far give his to Richard Burton.
Robert Donat needs to give his Oscar to Clark Gable.
Cliff Robertson needs to give his to Peter O'Toole.
Art Carney should give his to Jack Nicholson or Al Pacino.

Mysterious Rent

The easy top choice for me is Lee Marvin. "Cat Ballou" is such a terrible film, no one could be worthy in it. A truly inexplicable choice.

marcelo:

Roberto Benigni over Ian McKellen for "Gods and Monsters"
Art Carney over Jack Nicholson for "Chinatown"
John Wayne over Dustin Hoffman for "Midnight Cowboy"
Michael Douglas over Marcello Mastroianni for "Dark Eyes"

Atypical:
As much as I want to vote for Kevin Spacey here, there's Roberto Benigni's name staring me in the face, so I have to vote for him instead. One of the worst Oscar wins I've seen the Academy bestow to an actor.

MadsonMelo:
Art Carney beat Jack Nicholson, Albert Finney, Dustin Hoffman AND Al Pacino. LOL
Pacino gave one of the most unbelievable performances of all time and Nicholson was outstanding too. Carney won because of his status and, of course, was a lovely performance, but the actors that he was up against were way better.

---------------------------------

Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving? Screen%20Shot%202012-06-21%20at%2011_45_07%20AM

http://www.goldderby.com/films/news/3019/academy-awards-oscars-film-news-2468097.html

For every Oscar winner who receives a standing ovation, there is another who leaves people puzzled as to how they prevailed. Our forum posters have already dished the most head-scratching Best Supporting Actress and Best Supporting Actor winners. Now they turn their attention to the worst of the Best Actress champs.

Below, just a sample of their thoughts. Join in with your opinion as to which winner was the biggest loser.

Baby Clyde:
Helen Hunt by a mile. Worst Best Actress win of all time bar Bette Davis in "Dangerous" who is so bad it's laughable.

FEDeclown:
Kate Winslet in "The Reader" should give her Oscar to Kate Winslet in "Revolutionary Road."

Anthony:
I ended up voting for Grace Kelly based more on the fact that her work is decent and that compared to Judy Garland in "A Star is Born," she was a mouse standing next to a lion. However, I was thisclose to voting for Reese Witherspoon as I found her to be the most forgettable of the lineup and she beat out a very strong contender (Felicity Huffman) but she did have some nice moments .... eh maybe I should have pondered this more and voted for Witherspoon, whose spark from movies like "Freeway", "Election", and "Legally Blonde" seemed to vanish.

Snidely Whiplash:
Reese Witherspoon (the "Singing Nag") should give her Oscar to anybody else (Felicity Huffman? Keira Knightley?).

1:
I think its a toss up between Hunt and Witherspoon who got my vote. Rewse was so ordinary in "Walk the Line" it just amazes me that voters saw the performance as anything more then just satisfactory.

------------------------

Do you feel any Best Actor/Actress winners won unfairly?
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving?   Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving? EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 4:28 am

I know people didn't like when Sandra or Halle won! Julia Roberts too!
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving?   Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving? EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 4:55 am

I fucking hated how Kate Winslet won for The Reader when Meryl Streep in Doubt and Angelina in Changeling were far better imo.

The following year had another undeserving winner imo in Sandra Bullock.. Bitch did not deserve it over Gabourey Sidibe in Precious or again Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia!

As for guys I can't really think of any that I am passionate about. :-/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving?   Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Best Actor and Actress Oscar Winners Were the Most Undeserving?
Page 1 of 1