Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List Empty
PostSubject: 70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List   70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 3:53 am

70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List Globes13

http://www.goldderby.com/news/3853/golden-globes-winners-argo-les-miserables-lincoln-django-unchained-entertainment-film-news-71820402.html

"Lincoln" was upset at the Golden Globe Awards by "Argo" and "Django Unchained." Steven Spielberg's historical drama, about President Lincoln passing the 13th Amendment to end slavery, was predicted to win five awards out of its field-leading seven nominations, but it only won one: Best Drama Actor for Daniel Day-Lewis.

"Argo" won Best Drama Picture and Best Director for Ben Affleck, who also recently won the Critics' Choice Award despite his recent Oscar snub.

Meanwhile, "Django Unchained" won a pair of surprise honors: Christoph Waltz as Best Supporting Actor and Quentin Tarantino for Best Screenplay. Both are nominated in those respective categories at the Oscars.

But "Les Miserables" led all films with three wins out of its four nominations: Comedy/Musical Picture, Comedy/Musical Actor (Hugh Jackman), and Supporting Actress (Anne Hathaway). As expected, it lost its Original Song bid to Adele's theme from "Skyfall."

"Silver Linings Playbook" won one of its four bids: Comedy/Musical Actress for Jennifer Lawrence. Jessica Chastain won Drama Actress for "Zero Dark Thirty."

"Life of Pi," which also contended for Drama Picture and Director, won the award for Best Score (Mychael Danna).

"Amour" won Foreign Language Film, while "Brave" earned Animated Feature honors.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: 70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List   70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 3:55 am

70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List Golden Globes Statues Wide 600

http://www.goldderby.com/news/3852/golden-globes-winners-film-lincoln-argo-les-miserables-django-unchained-silver-linings-playbook-television-girls-homeland-entertainment-news-13579086.html

The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards were handed out on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013, during a ceremony hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and airing live on NBC.

FILMS

BEST DRAMA
X - "Argo"

"Django Unchained"
"Life of Pi"
"Lincoln"
"Zero Dark Thirty"

BEST DRAMA ACTOR
X - Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln"

Richard Gere, "Arbitrage"
John Hawkes, "The Sessions"
Joaquin Phoenix, "The Master"
Denzel Washington, "Flight"

BEST DRAMA ACTRESS
Marion Cotillard, "Rust and Bone"
X - Jessica Chastain, "Zero Dark Thirty"
Helen Mirren, "Hitchcock"
Naomi Watts, "The Impossible"
Rachel Weisz, "The Deep Blue Sea"

BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL PICTURE
"The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
X - "Les Miserables"
"Moonrise Kingdom"
"Silver Linings Playbook"
"Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"

BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL ACTOR
Jack Black, "Bernie"
Bradley Cooper, "Silver Linings Playbook,"
X - Hugh Jackman, "Les Miserables"
Ewan McGregor, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"
Bill Murray, "Hyde Park on Hudson"

BEST COMEDY/MUSICAL ACTRESS

Emily Blunt, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"
X - Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook"
Judi Dench, "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
Maggie Smith, "Quartet"
Meryl Streep, "Hope Springs"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Alan Arkin, "Argo"
Philip Seymour Hoffman, "The Master"
X - Christoph Waltz, "Django Unchained"
Leonardo DiCaprio, "Django Unchained"
Tommy Lee Jones, "Lincoln"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
X - Anne Hathaway, "Les Miserables"

Helen Hunt, "The Sessions"
Amy Adams, "The Master"
Sally Field, "Lincoln"
Nicole Kidman, "The Paperboy"

BEST DIRECTOR
X - Ben Affleck, "Argo"

Ang Lee, "Life of Pi"
Steven Spielberg, "Lincoln"
Quentin Tarantino, "Django Unchained"
Kathryn Bigelow, "Zero Dark Thirty"

BEST SCREENPLAY

"Silver Linings Playbook"
"Argo"
X - "Django Unchained"
"Zero Dark Thirty"
"Lincoln"

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
"Anna Karenina"
X - "Life of Pi"
"Argo"
"Lincoln"
"Cloud Atlas"

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
"For You" from "Act of Valor"
Music by: Monty Powell, Keith Urban Lyrics by: Monty Powell, Keith Urban

"Not Running Anymore" from "Stand Up Guys"
Music by: Jon Bon Jovi Lyrics by: Jon Bon Jovi

"Safe and Sound" from "The Hunger Games"
Music by: Taylor Swift, John Paul White, Joy Williams, T Bone Burnett Lyrics by: Taylor Swift, John Paul White, Joy Williams, T Bone Burnett

X - "Skyfall" form "Skyfall"
Music by: Adele, Paul Epworth Lyrics by: Adele, Paul Epworth

"Suddenly" from "Les Miserables"
Music by: Claude-Michel Schonberg Lyrics by: Alain Boublil, Claude-Michel Schonberg

BEST ANIMATED FILM
X - "Brave"

"Frankenweenie"
"Wreck-it Ralph"
"Rise of the Guardians"
"Hotel Transylvania"

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
X - "Amour"

"The Intouchables"
"Kon-Tiki"
"A Royal Affair"
"Rust and Bone"
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: 70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List   70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 4:24 am

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jodie Foster highlight strong Golden Globes for women

70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List Golden globes jodie foster tina fey amy poehler entertainment film tv news

http://www.goldderby.com/news/3857/golden-globes-tina-fey-amy-poehler-jodie-foster-entertainment-news-19290021.html

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have a well established comic rapport and proven experience in live television, stemming from their years together on "Saturday Night Live," so they were predictably at ease as hosts of the Golden Globes, from the very beginning striking the right balance of affection (explaining that absent nominee Meryl Streep has the flu, and is great in it) and snark (commenting on Kathryn Bigelow's "torturous" marriage to James Cameron) that mostly eluded Ricky Gervais during his three years as emcee.

After a winning monologue that name-checked most of the evening's biggest contenders, they made welcome appearances throughout the show – for instance, enlivening the roll call of TV movie/miniseries acting nominees by portraying the fictional stars of a TV movie called "Dog President." And when the TV Comedy Actress award was presented, Poehler waited for the results in George Clooney's lap. Poehler was also the mastermind of similar gags during the Emmys, including the 2011 race where she and her fellow Comedy Actress nominees enacted a beauty pageant on-stage.

It was a strong evening for women overall, and not just because of the show's hosts. Two actresses – Jessica Chastain in "Zero Dark Thirty" and Claire Danes in "Homeland" – won for playing strong-willed CIA operatives. After Danes received her award – her fourth in as many nominations – she expressed pride over her work in television, which in recent years has proved more hospitable to complex female characters than film. Chastain, meanwhile, praised "Zero Dark" director Bigelow for challenging female paradigms in Hollywood.

70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List Lena%20dunham%20golden%20globe%20girls%20entertainment%20news%20tv

The top TV comedy winner was HBO's "Girls," which won Comedy/Musical Series as well as TV Comedy/Musical Actress for star Lena Dunham, a rare female auteur who also writes, directs, and produces the series. In her acceptance speeches, even she seemed surprised at how grateful she was for the honor, and her enthusiasm was infectious.

And then there was Jodie Foster. The actress-director became the first woman since 2000 to win the Globes' Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement, and, at age 50, the youngest honoree since Charlton Heston in 1967. Where drawn-out lifetime achievement presentations are usually a lull during awards ceremonies – long clip packages followed by even longer speeches – this one proved a highlight.

Defiant, emotional, and unexpectedly candid, she matter-of-factly came out of a closet she, in truth, was never really in; decried the media's obsession with celebrities' private lives; eloquently paid tribute to her ailing mother; and then not only accepted her award but seemed to bid farewell to the public stage entirely, and by the time she left she was already missed.

Presenters throughout the night were a mixed bag of refreshing comedy and awkward patter, led by Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell in an excellent, though slightly overlong routine in which they pretended not to be familiar with the Film Comedy/Musical Actress nominees, including fresh-faced ingenue Judi Dench and some unknown named "Mariel Streep"; the director cut away to audience reactions, and Tommy Lee Jones was not impressed. The actor had earlier lost his Film Supporting Actor bid to Christoph Waltz ("Django Unchained"), but whether he was irritated or just sleepy was difficult to tell.

Former President Bill Clinton made a surprise appearance to introduce Best Drama Picture nominee "Lincoln" to a standing ovation. Host Poehler was suitably awed. Further proving that Globes night was ladies' night, she explained, "Do you know who that was? Hillary Clinton's husband!"
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: 70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List   70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List EmptyMon 14 Jan 2013, 7:31 am

70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List Jennifer-lawrence-backstage_510x317

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/01/14/golden-globes-2013-best-backstage-moments/

You see their speeches on stage at the Golden Globes, but what happens after the talent walks off with their award? They are whisked back into the pressroom to answer reporters questions. Here are the best quotes from backstage at the ceremony!

Christoph Waltz, Best Performance by an Actor In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture, Django Unchained:

On winning — “I don’t expect anything, I didn’t expect this either. When my name was called my knees gave a little bit, actually I was sitting, but they gave when I walked up there.”

On riding a horse in Django Unchained — “Riding the horse wasn’t that much of a challenge, falling off was. But I’m okay.”

On slavery — “I learned how this problem — and it should be called a problem — is still somewhat alive in the hearts and minds of America, and I didn’t expect that.”

On the controversy over the movie — “You choose a controversial subject you should be prepared for controversial discussion.”

Jennifer Lawrence, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture — Comedy Or Musical, Silver Linings Playbook:

On her “new” nickname “JLaw” — “That’s been going on for years. My 7th grade teacher started calling me JLaw, so to hear Will Ferrell say it was pretty incredible.”

On being called too young for her role in Silver Linings Playbook — “I was wrong for the cast, I was way too young. But I guess we turned that around. Fix it in post!

Adele, Best Original Song — Motion Picture, “Skyfall” from Skyfall:

On would she ever be a Bond girl? — [laughing] “NO!”

On her inspiration for her music, now that she’s a mom — “Inspiration normally comes from heartbreak, but I don’t think I’m ever going to be devastated again.”

On her first Bond movie — “The first Bond film I watched was definitely Pierce Brosnan one — I’m only 24. The one where he’s on the speed boat going down the River Thames. Pierce Brosnan was my first Bond, but Daniel Craig will be my boy forever.”

Anne Hathaway, Best Performance by an Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture, Les Miserables:

On her small, but pivotal role in Les Miserables — “It just seemed like an amazing challenge to try to tell a story about — and represent — the destruction of a soul in about 15 minutes of screen time.”

On “I Dreamed a Dream” — “It’s a difficult thing to hear a song you’ve heard a certain way for 30 years and hear it a new way.”

Michael Haneke, Best Foreign Language Film, Amour:

On the making of Amour – The film is exactly as it is written. There’s not a scene added or taken out.

Jodie Foster, Cecil B. DeMille Award:

On her inspirations — “Meryl Streep. She’s the greatest and she does something that’s beyond acting, honestly. It’s a transcendent experience watching her work.”

Brave director Mark Andrews, Best Animated Film:

On growing up — “No, it’s not a trap, it’s a necessity. We only grow up in our physical form I’m still 12 years old, 16 years old somewhere inside.”

Les Miserables director Tom Hooper:

On Hugh Jackman — “This guy has never been grumpy!”

Hugh Jackman, Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture — Comedy Or Musical, Les Miserables:

On Jean ValJean – The idea that singing and dancing isn’t masculine is about the craziest thing I’ve heard in my life. Fifty years ago if you couldn’t dance you couldn’t get a girl. The thing about ValJean is that he’s one of the great literary characters of all time. It’s rare to be able to play someone you look up to. To me, he’s the epitome of a man.

Ben Affleck, Best Director — Motion Picture, Argo:

On not getting an Oscar nomination (jokingly) — ”I mean I also didn’t get the acting nomination and no one’s saying I got snubbed there!

On working with George Clooney — “I’ve learned that you’re to try to pick things wisely, and pick your collaborators wisely. And that’s not bulls–t, work with people who make you better.”

George Clooney, Best Motion Picture — Drama, Argo:

On Ben Affleck — “Part of the reason there’s such admiration for him at this stage is because he was in actor jail. I did Batman & Robin, trust me I know. It’s how you handle yourself when things aren’t going particularly well. He directed his way out of this. I can’t tell you how proud we are to have worked with him and how much I hate him.”

Jessica Chastain, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture — Drama, Zero Dark Thirty:

On Kathryn Bigelow being looked over by the Academy — “I could not have done what I did without Kathryn Bigelow. So much of my performance is inspired by her. It was a difficult moment for me, but by recognizing the film with a best picture nom, we’re recognizing Kathryn, she’s our quarterback.”

On if she’d like to meet the inspiration for her character in Zero Dark Thirty — “No, I would not like to meet her, because if someone found out she would go to jail. I feel safer knowing she’s out there taking care of us.”

Daniel Day-Lewis, Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture — Drama, Lincoln:

On what he would ask Lincoln, if he could — “I would be so paralyzed with all the questions jumping on each other, I’d probably end up not saying a word. Who knows if he would have been able to oversee reconstruction, but the history of the next 100 years [after the Civil War] would have been very different if he’d been able to do that.”

On Bill Clinton being at the Globes — “I went to the [White House] correspondents dinner and I daresay I felt as bewildered there as he probably felt here!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List   70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List Empty

Back to top Go down

70th Annual Golden Globe Film Winners List
Page 1 of 1