Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Golden Globe winner Jennifer Lawrence turned down 'Inside the Actors Studio'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Why Golden Globe winner Jennifer Lawrence turned down 'Inside the Actors Studio' Empty
PostSubject: Why Golden Globe winner Jennifer Lawrence turned down 'Inside the Actors Studio'   Why Golden Globe winner Jennifer Lawrence turned down 'Inside the Actors Studio' EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013, 12:51 am

Why Golden Globe winner Jennifer Lawrence turned down 'Inside the Actors Studio' Jennifer-lawrence-backstage_510x317

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/01/14/why-golden-globe-winner-jennifer-lawrence-turned-down-inside-the-actors-studio/

In this week’s cover story, newly-minted Golden Globe best actress winner for Silver Linings Playbook Jennifer Lawrence told EW that her publicist recently turned down an offer for the 22-year-old to appear on Inside the Actors Studio. “Do you know how much that guy would hate me?” she said with her goofy chuckle about professorial host James Lipton. ‘’Tell me about your method?’ There is no method! I never know my lines! He would be horrified.” Besides, said Lawrence, surely that hot seat is meant for folks with a longer resume to show for themselves than hers. “I love that show but I’m not old enough. I’m not at a place yet where I can look back and think ‘Oh this how I….’ I’m not ready. And, please, I’m an animal.”

There is a certain charming lack of domestication when it comes to Lawrence’s humor. At a certain point during the interview a noxious smell wafted through the Trump Waikiki balcony lounge bar. “I assume you think it was me but I swear it wasn’t,” she said. She paused for a second and looked at me with a serious expression while she slowly lifted her leg up from the banquette and pretended to fart. “I know, I’m terrible,” she said. “Oh, this is something my brothers did growing up that now the boys at work [her Catching Fire co-stars Josh Hutcherson and Sam Claflin] have picked up and are obsessed with. You cup [your fart] and then you throw it in someone’s face and say ‘Take a bite out of that cheeseburger.’”

“She’s a goofball,” said Catching Fire producer Nina Jacobson. “She’s fun and she’s funny. She is the least demanding leading lady ever. Jen’s like ‘Yeah I’ll take half a trailer, whatever, I’ll never be in there anyway.’ She’s not spoiled, she’s not precious, she’s not needy and it sets a tone for everybody because if your leading lady isn’t going to be a diva then there really isn’t room for anybody to be a diva.”

In her acceptance speech last night, Lawrence first opened with a quote from The First Wives Club (“I beat Meryl!”) that struck some of those unfamiliar with the joke as ungracious. “I never know what’s going to come out of my mouth and that’s what always gets me in trouble,” she told EW. One thing she did know for certain though was her post-awards show ritual. “The first thing I do when I get off a carpet is take my heels off, rub my makeup everywhere, and basically pick up a garbage can and go ‘Rawwrrrrr!’ and dump it all over my head.”
Back to top Go down

Why Golden Globe winner Jennifer Lawrence turned down 'Inside the Actors Studio'
Page 1 of 1